New Skating Podcast Alert: Ashley Wagner and Adam Rippon - The Runthrough | Golden Skate

New Skating Podcast Alert: Ashley Wagner and Adam Rippon - The Runthrough

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did not see a thread for this so...I just listened to Adam and Ashley's podcast - The Runthrough which launched last week. They discuss Worlds 2023 in the latest episode and will be doing a WTT recap in a few weeks.

If you are an Adam and/or Ashley fan, this is a must listen. Some gossip and some snark but also skating insights from two seasoned retired competitors. It's produced by Sarah Hughes, not the Olympian but the Emmy winning producer who works with the NBC broadcast team. BTW, the thumbnail picture for the pod is hilarious so you know not to take them too seriously, taken at Junior Worlds probably around 15 years ago?

It's available on most podcast platforms but here's the Spotify link if you want take a listen online. There are many skating podcasts out now, but one more is always welcome.

Last edited:

yesterday

Record Breaker
Interesting. ET made it into it.
Don't really agree with them on ID.
Some nice stories from the past.
And they reveal who the third person on the thumbnail picture is ;)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I just listened to the first two episodes. Adam & Ashley are both really entertaining. I appreciated the positive tone (no gossip/ meanness) and it was fun to listen to their stories. To be honest, I felt like both episodes were a bit light on substance, but hopefully going forward they’ll give us a little more actual analysis.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just listened to the first two episodes. Adam & Ashley are both really entertaining. I appreciated the positive tone (no gossip/ meanness) and it was fun to listen to their stories. To be honest, I felt like both episodes were a bit light on substance, but hopefully going forward they’ll give us a little more actual analysis.
Agreed, I sent Ashley some feedback on Twitter that I would have liked more analysis of the top programs. Hopefully they will take that into account for the WTT episode next month.

I loved the John Nicks' anecdotes at the end of Ep 1. I hope Ashley and Adam can attend his 95th birthday celebration. Bless!

Fireplace7890

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I’m enjoying listening to them too and would also recommend the This Week in Skating podcast. I look forward to both shows every Monday. They’re such a nice alternative to the TSL guys.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I would like them to "organize" their recaps better, such as talk about each of the Top X skaters in more detail without getting sidetracked, decide on and tell us what order of disciplines they're doing, etc. Timestamps are always useful. I wanted more analysis than what they gave, though I did love all their anecdotes about their own skating experiences. But maybe do the recap stuff first and then talk about their experiences in a different segment.

They are Americans, so I was hoping to hear their thoughts about Andrew Torgashev. Yes, I know he finished 21st, but come on, at least a sentence or two! (Then again, they didn't say whether they watched ENTIRE segments or not, and Andrew did skate very early in both segments).

I know this podcast is very new, so they're just getting used to it. One thing I appreciate about TSL is they do separate recaps for each discipline. It gives them time to mention at least some of the lower-ranked skaters. I felt like Adam and Ashley tried to fit so much into just over an hour, so it wasn't as focused as I would have liked. But it was a fun listen, and I appreciated the playful, non-drama tone to the show. Nice job, and I hope they improve and continue the podcast! I LOVE the fact that they're both recent elite skaters; they bring a much-needed perspective, rather than just being armchair fan analysts or, like Tara and Johnny, skaters who competed a long time ago and thrived under 6.0 rather than IJS. Polina Edmunds is more formal, while Adam and Ashley are more fun.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I listened to their “recap” but heard nothing about any of the 3 American ladies. Did I just miss it somehow? I want to hear about the skaters from Worlds and not so much about Ashley and Adam.