Normal creasing on Jackson boot? | Golden Skate

Normal creasing on Jackson boot?

alexac10

Rinkside
Hi everyone,
I am wondering what is the normal amount of creasing on a Jackson boot. I got freestyles about a month ago and I’m already noticing creasing on one of them, near the notch at the ankle.

Thanks!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi everyone,
I am wondering what is the normal amount of creasing on a Jackson boot. I got freestyles about a month ago and I’m already noticing creasing on one of them, near the notch at the ankle.

Thanks!
Photo!?

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Def need a picture, but that is not normal at all. Premature creasing (and this is very very premature) is usually a sign that your boots are too big. Were you fitted by an experienced tech (not a rink pro shop)? What size are the skates and what size are your regular street shoes?

alexac10

Rinkside
Def need a picture, but that is not normal at all. Premature creasing (and this is very very premature) is usually a sign that your boots are too big. Were you fitted by an experienced tech (not a rink pro shop)? What size are the skates and what size are your regular street shoes?
Yes, I was fitted by a professional tech. They don't seem too big to me, but now I'm stressing that I just spent $400 on skates that I've already broken down. ugh.

alexac10

Rinkside
I can't tell, is this the left boot or the right? is this the inside or the outside of the boot?

What skills are you working on? What jumps?

What size are these boots and what size are your regular street shoes?
This is the outside of my left boot. I'm starting single jumps (toe loop and salchows mostly.) These are 7.5R, a half size smaller than my street size shoes, an 8.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm not sure I'd be overly bothered about that amount of creasing and that's what the notch is there to help. You do know that you're supposed to bend your ankles, right? Is that your landing leg? But as you're worried, the best person to ask is the skate tech who fitted and sold them to you, as if there is a problem they are the person you need to put it right. We're just a bunch of random people on the internet.

alexac10

Rinkside
I'm not sure I'd be overly bothered about that amount of creasing and that's what the notch is there to help. You do know that you're supposed to bend your ankles, right? Is that your landing leg? But as you're worried, the best person to ask is the skate tech who fitted and sold them to you, as if there is a problem they are the person you need to put it right. We're just a bunch of random people on the internet.
Yes, I know I’m supposed to bend my ankles :) I guess you could say I’m paranoid as my old skates started creasing right off the bat, and I had to replace them fairly early. Thanks for the help

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Are you a clockwise jumper/is the left your landing leg? If so, I wouldn't worry too much right now, but would keep an eye on it.

FTR, your boots are a bit big. If you normally wear a size 8 street shoe, your correct boot size should be a 7 or 6.5. If the creasing continues to get worse, that's why.

alexac10

Rinkside
Are you a clockwise jumper/is the left your landing leg? If so, I wouldn't worry too much right now, but would keep an eye on it.

FTR, your boots are a bit big. If you normally wear a size 8 street shoe, your correct boot size should be a 7 or 6.5. If the creasing continues to get worse, that's why.
No, it’s not my landing leg unfortunately. I’m a counter clockwise jumper so I land on my right. That’s why I found this crease so odd, as it just developed the last session or two. I was professionally fitted so if they’re really too big, that would be so disappointing. I’m guessing the warranty and return period is void now that they’ve been used a decent amount.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Take the factory supplied footbeds/insoles out and stand on them. If there's more than 5mm at the end of your big toe, you're in too big a boot. BUT, feet comes in all manner of awkward shapes, so there's actually a lot more to fitting than just length compared with street shoe size. You really should consult your fitter, even if it's just to put your mind at rest. Good luck!

alexac10

Rinkside
Take the factory supplied footbeds/insoles out and stand on them. If there's more than 5mm at the end of your big toe, you're in too big a boot. BUT, feet comes in all manner of awkward shapes, so there's actually a lot more to fitting than just length compared with street shoe size. You really should consult your fitter, even if it's just to put your mind at rest. Good luck!
It looks like the fit by the toebox is good, I think my issue is that I have a narrower heel. I will reach out to my fitter, thank you :)