'Open Ice: Visionaries' Documentary Produced by Kaitlyn Weaver: Baldé, Korpi, Hamilton, Rippon | Golden Skate

'Open Ice: Visionaries' Documentary Produced by Kaitlyn Weaver: Baldé, Korpi, Hamilton, Rippon

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Because the documentary is on the CBC Sports YouTube channel, I don't know if it's geoblocked outside of Canada.

This is the synopsis:

"Created and produced by Kaitlyn Weaver, Open Ice: Visionaries features on and off-ice exclusive footage and words from Scott Hamilton, Adam Rippon, Kiira Korpi, and Elladj Baldé that brings the global figure skating community together in a way never seen before. This year, the evolved program shed new light on four of skating’s Visionaries—past and present—who have changed the sport and the world for the better."

Last edited:

waterblades

On the Ice
Thanks which the promotes this more I had no idea. I Even subscribed to the CBC Sports channel on YouTube weird it hasn’t promoted it to me but it’s promoting lots of curling

withwings

On the Ice
Because the documentary is on the CBC Sports YouTube channel, I don't know if it's geoblocked outside of Canada.

This is the synopsis:

"Created and produced by Kaitlyn Weaver, Open Ice: Visionaries features on and off-ice exclusive footage and words from Scott Hamilton, Adam Rippon, Kiira Korpi, and Elladj Baldé that brings the global figure skating community together in a way never seen before. This year, the evolved program shed new light on four of skating’s Visionaries—past and present—who have changed the sport and the world for the better."

Fascinating! Thank you, siberia82, for posting the link! I had no yet time to watch everything but what I have seen so far- simply fascinating! Weaver is so empathetic, genuine... she has a rare talent to be a good interviewer.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is available in the USA. I have watched about half, and I really like the format of the interviewee just speaking to the camera. I did not know some of the stories from Adam, and of course he is an engaging speaker. I am looking forward to the other sections.

Weathergal

Medalist
It is available in the USA. I have watched about half, and I really like the format of the interviewee just speaking to the camera. I did not know some of the stories from Adam, and of course he is an engaging speaker. I am looking forward to the other sections.
As a side note, if you haven't read Adam's autobiography "Beautiful on the Outside," I recommend it. He's very candid, and quite entertaining.

I'm looking forward to all the interviews but especislly his and Elladj's.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As a side note, if you haven't read Adam's autobiography "Beautiful on the Outside," I recommend it. He's very candid, and quite entertaining.

I'm looking forward to all the interviews but especislly his and Elladj's.
The audiobook version of Adam’s book is awesome. He narrates it himself and it’s so funny.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks, loved Scott's story and Elladj's. I also appreciated Kiira Korpi's comments about coaches as I do remember a coach who was very harsh with her comments. It can discourage a child to want to FS.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've watched Adam's segment and some of Scott's.

Adam's segment is riveting.

As for Kaitlin, Bravo! she has created a beautiful niche for herself, beginning I think with her fund-raising benefits for health work/workers during the beginning of covid. She's so empathetic; she can really zero in on the emotional significance of something ... such as, Scott said that when he got sick in 1997, he focused on one desire -- to stand at center ice again.