Pairs Free Skate | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skate

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
T&M are skating last. On FSU it's being reported that T&M fell on a lift and her head hit the ice - medical staff out ther. I sure hope she's OK. Pairs skating has got to be the most dangerous dicipline of all, and I hate hearing about accidents like this. I know these folks take a zillion falls while mastering these moves. I don't honestly know how they keeping getting "back in the saddle" time and time again.

Say a little prayer...

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I think these are the final standings....

I'm sure nobody wanted to get a medal this way - with a possible serious injury to the top team.

Pairs Skate America
SP ScoreSP Place LP Score LP Place TotalFinal Place

Totmiannina / MarininRUS 64.98 1 Withdraw #VALUE!
Zhang / Zhang CHN 56.98 3 109.88 1 166.86 1
Obertas / Slavnov RUS 57.58 2 108.68 2 166.26 2
Inoue / Baldwin USA 56.52 4 101.58 3 158.10 3
Ding / Ren CHN 47.98 6 91.44 5 139.42 4
Putnam / Wirtz CAN 45.38 7 91.50 4 136.88 5
Orscher / Lucash USA 43.76 8 85.56 6 129.32 6
Don / Hunt USA 51.00 5 74.28 7 125.28 7
Shapiro / Akolzin ISR 41.36 9 59.38 8 100.74 8

Not sure how readable that will be - I suspect the formatting will be lost once I post it. ETA: Yes, the formatting goes, but it's pair name, country, SP score, SP place, LP score, LP place, Total score, Final place.

DG

Lynn226

On the Ice
Thanks for posting this here, DG.

I started a thread in the Skate Canada forum and then realized that I had posted in the wrong place.

LBC

On the Ice
Tatiana was taken out on a stretcher with a neck brace. :cry: Hope it was just a precaution. Ambulance took her to the hospital. Let us pray for her.

bronxgirl

Medalist
The medals will be awarded tomorrow. Everyone's prayers are with Tatiana. Pittsburgh's hospitals are world class, so she will be in good hands.

Kasey

Medalist
:( :( :(

It was a shocking, devastating fall to all who saw it. Please DO keep her in your prayers. We went down to the Marriot to get a taxi, and heard from Katie Orsher that she had regained consciousness at least, and was able to talk...but it looked absolutely terrible, and I have no idea how serious it is. :( :( :(

She was at the top of the lift, so high in the air. I think he had the handhold to the point where she could not break the fall with her hands. We were on the other side of the rink, so did not see the mechanics of the fall...but it was just terrible. :cry:

Kasey

Last edited:

sk8addict

On the Ice
Oh my God, this takes me back to the days of the Kauffmans. This happened to them twice at worlds back 2 back. Dick Button & I were just talking about them in Atlanta. Hope she can make the rest of the season.
Can anyone tell me what happened to Don & Hunt? I see 2 deductions....I assume 2 falls.....who , when?

cheekers85

Rinkside
She is definaltey she is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope we know more alot tomorrow. (Good news) Not just more confusion and doubt about her being okay or not.

hongligl

Final Flight
It's so sad. I wish she can recover in time for the rest of the season. Although Z/Z won the gold, I can't find the excitement as I should. My heart feels so heavy that I can hardly breath. I read a chinese board and people there feel the same. Everybody was disturbed and there is a mood of sadness in the air so thick that you can cut it with a knife. Please, no more injuries or accident....

Last edited:

chania36

On the Ice
When I saw the fall that was shown shile the show on tv for the long program in men and women, they made the announcement that there was a big accident last night here with one of the pairs and they show us twice the fall, she fell right down on her face, really a little bit the jaw but mostly her left side or her face.

It was awfull, I just could not imagine that, I knew that it was dangerous to skate pair, Annabelle Langlois and Patrice Archetto had such a fall, she had hers at the National and not in practice and she has a bit commotion, so her mother told her if it happen again, you will not be able to skate again.

So I hope the will be just fine, her health is the most importante thing.