QQ combos | Golden Skate

QQ combos

Arbitrary

Medalist
Is any Q-Eu-Q combo applicable under ISU rules?

skatingguy

On the Ice
It's a legal combination, but there's not really much value to attempting it based on the current free skate rules that limit quadruple jump repeats to one jump-entrance only.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
It's a legal combination, but there's not really much value to attempting it based on the current free skate rules that limit quadruple jump repeats to one jump-entrance only.
I assume Ilia will try it at a challenger series at some point (just to try become the first to do it), but as you say current rules don't offer incentive.

afr

Spectator
Country
Germany
Serious question: Did any man jump any QQ combo so far? I'm pretty sure there was none in any official international competition, but outside of it?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Serious question: Did any man jump any QQ combo so far? I'm pretty sure there was none in any official international competition, but outside of it?

Ilia has in practice. At least according to his IG. :)

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I thought Shoma Uno tried a 4T4T at one point, maybe at a WTT.

Edit: It wasn't 4T4T, it was actually 3A4T.

Last edited:

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
In practice ilia jumped many insane combos with +4T and +4Lo (not even with +eu). He landed an underrotated 4Lz+4T once iirc... If they eventually allow in the sp, that would be incentive for ilia to try it.

Although it'd be an utterly bizarre layout.... imagine:
4A
4Lz+4T
3A

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I hope they (the ISU) will keep the rules as is on that front. I am not looking forward to seeing qq combinations. I thought the 3A-4T was quite enough. If the men will start doing QQ's, will there be any skating left?

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
As far as I understand, such combinations do not violate any rules. But this is simply unprofitable. Quads give a large GOE, and therefore it is better to perform such jumps separately or in combination with something less valuable.