Question about skating music | Golden Skate

Question about skating music

Ja Yeun Kim

Spectator
Hello ~ !

Is there anyone who knows the name of the music which Pestova&Leonovich skated to their LP in 1980 olylmpic? I recently watched the program, and found the music fantastic~! :love:

I would be so grateful if one of you guys let me know the name(or title) of the music.

Have nice days always~~

KBell

Rinkside
Not sure if this is it or not, but see if it's not a piece by Khachaturian - The Valencian Widow. I had it on a tape list I had from years ago. You can probably listen to samples online at amazon.com

Ja Yeun Kim

Spectator
KBell said:
Not sure if this is it or not, but see if it's not a piece by Khachaturian - The Valencian Widow. I had it on a tape list I had from years ago. You can probably listen to samples online at amazon.com

Thank you KBell~ :)

I found out that the music is indeed Valencian Widow by Khachaturian, one of the composers that I like a lot. I'm so excited to buy the CD and listen to the music over and over.

KBell

Rinkside
Ja Yeun Kim said:
Thank you KBell~ :)

I found out that the music is indeed Valencian Widow by Khachaturian, one of the composers that I like a lot. I'm so excited to buy the CD and listen to the music over and over.

Glad to help and you motivated me to find that list on my computer - it had some things I wanted to check out myself - that selection is one of them. After this season I hope pairs and singles skaters will choose something other than The Mission, Turandot, Carmen and Romeo & Juliet. I love each of these selections especially Turandot and The Mission but enough is enough.

Ja Yeun Kim

Spectator
God~ yes.

KBell said:
Glad to help and you motivated me to find that list on my computer - it had some things I wanted to check out myself - that selection is one of them. After this season I hope pairs and singles skaters will choose something other than The Mission, Turandot, Carmen and Romeo & Juliet. I love each of these selections especially Turandot and The Mission but enough is enough.

I couldn't agree more with you.

Especially Romeo&Juliet... I wish there were pair teams or dance teams who use beautiful, but kind of hidden:)cool: ?) parts of the music of Prokofiev's score... Prokofiev's R&J is very populary used amongst the dance teams, however, I haven't found a pair or a dance team that used the part of music of balcony or bedroom scene... The skaters usually use pieces of music that portray Capulet's ball room scene or Romeo and Juliet's death scene... I found this phenomena a bit unfortunate for the figure skating fans who also love to listen to ballet music. ;)