Quintuple toeloop: does it really exist?? | Golden Skate

Quintuple toeloop: does it really exist??

FaustinaF

Rinkside
Hi everyone!!

I was just thinking about some fresh news regarding skating technique. It is about the quintuple toeloop: I have seen some video in YouTube showing athletes who are easy learning 4,5 or even 5 rotation off ice and in the ice with the jumping harness.
Is this possible or are the videos fake somehow?? We all know Malinin the Great has achieved succesfully quad Axel, but it is possible a quintuple toeloop?? Should it need more than a half prerotation...? I was also wondering, won't it be seriously dangerous for the articular joints??
šŸ˜³

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Hi everyone!!

I was just thinking about some fresh news regarding skating technique. It is about the quintuple toeloop: I have seen some video in YouTube showing athletes who are easy learning 4,5 or even 5 rotation off ice and in the ice with the jumping harness.
Is this possible or are the videos fake somehow?? We all know Malinin the Great has achieved succesfully quad Axel, but it is possible a quintuple toeloop?? Should it need more than a half prerotation...? I was also wondering, won't it be seriously dangerous for the articular joints??
šŸ˜³

"With the jumping harness" is the key here. In many videos, the coach is lifting athletes significantly and increasing air time. Even tiny amounts can make the difference with fast rotation, and in many cases its certainly not tiny.

And yes, quint jumps are extremely dangerous and damaging to the body. As are quads btw.

Is it possible? I used to think not, but now with Malinin I've started to question my judgement. Maybe it is possible. In fact, it probably is.