Ruben Studdard Hospitalized... | Golden Skate

Ruben Studdard Hospitalized...

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
That's too bad. I hope he'll be alright. I heard recently that he had been trying to lose weight. Doing that quickly and over a short period of time can be taxing on your heart........42

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
show, that lasted about 2 weeks and he dropped the diet plan he was doing and having Extra keep tabs on. He is on a calorie diet of some sorts, but he said it wasn't as strict and he didn't plan on dieting at all during the holidays. So basically he said on national TV that eating healthy wasn't cool cuz big dude Ruben said so(he had a really snotty comment for every time someone asked him if he thought he should eat healthier)

I agree with Toni. Tho Rueben may be a decent, nice guy, his attitude on the dieting stinks. I saw a little bit of the coverage on some show and how he told the interviewers to get the camera out of his face.
My husband was no where near Rueben's size, but slowly and constantly gaining....a nurse practitioner got him on the right track with his diet and he's dropped about 40 lbs. slowly, the right way by eating properly....not even exercising(tho he does do some physical work at his job)....so it CAN be done, and it doesn't have to be an unpleasant thing! My husbands overall health is greatly improved, not to mention his mood!
I hope Rueben will find a different mindset and learn to eat more healthily and give a better impression to his fans....and feel better soon, too!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Pat, my dad lost a ton of weight for health reasons and his attitude is so much better (but his diet started a year ago this week and he was NO FUN at Thanksgiving) the dr put him on the diet because he's a diabetic, or at least that's what they thought! He's now off the strict diet as once he dropped the weight the diabetes thing went away it's so cool.

He calls my mom the diet/food Nazi :rofl:

Toni, my hubby would've went on to become diabetic most likely if the nurse practitioner, who takes much better care of both of us than the doctor we were seeing, hadn't done blood work on him.
He's on low-carb and nearly zero sugars diet. He's taking less BP meds, and is also off his depression med (that change is partly due to the stress of his Dad's cancer and ultimate death being done and behind us). His blood sugar and cholesterol levels were great last bloodwork done, he's getting blood drawn this Saturday to check it again. No more potatoe and/or macaroni salad in his lunch he takes to work, we only have potatoe/rice with dinner occassionally and in smaller servings. Jello, candy, things like that we get sugar free. We drink a lot of Clear Choice, Fruit Freshers, Fruit H20 and water instead of soda or juice. I've lost weight, too, but must confess I do NOT stick to the diet as closely as he does as my blood isn't out-of-whack as far as sugar, cholesterol...and I haven't had to start on any BP meds yet so far(crossing fingers it stays that way). I try to exercise a little bit.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
if you DO want a soda occasionally look for "Diet Right" it uses Splenda instead of the cancer causing fake sugars... and it takes a whole lot better than other diet sodas... and I HATE diet :)