Sasha's interview | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sasha's interview

R.D.

Record Breaker
exactly. I'm not sure I get it. Not liking the skater is one thing (you know what I think of Kimmie's skating) but she does deserve the recognition she's getting right now. Look at it from the other side- if a figure skater is popular enough to be throwing pitches at games and to be invited to events, that can only be a good thing for FS, right? JMO

nymkfan51

Medalist
#1Kerryfan said:
They're paying too much attention to Kimmie. She didn't even really enter the scene until this year.

She deserves every bit of attention she is getting. She's the World Champion, and the fact that she did it at such an early age, only makes it that much more remarkable, IMO.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
nymkfan51 said:
She deserves every bit of attention she is getting. She's the World Champion, and the fact that she did it at such an early age, only makes it that much more remarkable, IMO.

Slightly off topic, but -- where does Kimmie rank in the "youngest World champ" category? Was Kimmie older or younger than Michelle when Michelle won her first?

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
#1Kerryfan said:
They're paying too much attention to Kimmie. She didn't even really enter the scene until this year.

so there!!:laugh:

But seriously, does it matter how long someone has been on the scene or their competitive record? Sasha had her chance and unfortunatly, blew it. So did Joaninie. Diva & Irina opted out. Fumie gets no love & Kwan is injured.

Is it fair to begrude Kimmie her time?

MKFSfan

Medalist
tarotx said:
Wasn't Michelle 15 when she won hers?

Yep! Michelle won her 1st title in 1996-she turned 16 that July, so technically she was 15 and 8 months. Kimmie turned 16 last October, so that makes 16 and 5 months (I think..!).

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking Tara was the youngest Worlds Champion, at 14 years and 9 months. I know Sonja Henie won her 1st Gold at Worlds in 1927 and she was born in 1912, but I don't know the month.

edited...Nevermind, Sonja's birthday was April 1912, so she was 14 years and 11 months.

R.D.

Record Breaker
The Hype goes to those who either 1) look promising or 2) shine in the moment. Kimmie did (2). Alissa did (2) but couldn't keep it up afterward. And Kimmie also went through phase (1) two years ago, IIRC.

All Federations hype their skaters when they win or at least medal. Not unusual and so what? It's a little something for the skaters to feel good about.

Paying the media to hype a skater is another matter. It does happen.

Fans hyping a favorite can not be controlled. Let it be.

Joe