Senior Pair Free Program | Golden Skate

Senior Pair Free Program

Rosaleen

Medalist
1 Angie Phillips / Gordon Willemse Preston / Grand Valley & District WO
Music: from Preisner's Music wearing purple him in black pants
Some chor to ahhhhhhhhh/ 2 tw is nice - floaty arm overhead on catch /sbs 3s both stepped out / sumersault into press lift to star to upside down start / thr 3l high almost a delay after rotation before she lands / sbs 3t both messed up with step out fallout turns 2t / music changes a nd bit of int bods with about 4 revs / thr 3s high bit of lean in air but she landed it nicely / spirals / lasso lift to one hand with about rev revs - moved well / sbs flycam to flyover to sit - out of sync the whole way / one arm step overhead - didn't like the look of him on that one - someone jerky and unsteady in my eye / ftwrk - didn't really see it / pair combo spin is ok - gets slow & travels near end / not a real sense of pairness from them - somewhat slow in general / T 39.85 C 30.27 tot 70.12 new pb / gr tot 107.14 currently 1st /

2 Elizabeth Putnam / Sean Wirtz Kerrisdale FSC / Kerrisdale FSC BC/YT
Music: Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto #1 / both in black with white
Nice opening moves with running steps (that I usually hate), good speed 2 tw is a bit low / lasso lift with great pos and speed across the ice - he moves well / sbs 3s turns 2t all in perfect sync / sbs flycam sit edge out of sync on edge chg sit edge never really got the sync back / some soft chor right with music / step lift with unusual exit / sbs 2a she single / music starts to build again and so do they / thr 2l / thr 3s nice & high / crowd is right with them / step overhead to one hand good coverage / diag steps as music changes - very dramatic and they're right into it and it calms near the ned / bods is smooth / spirals very fast with their flip of direct in catch foot pos that I just love / pair spin starts backwards ch then ch again - very well done / well skated (not perfect) program - they brought you along for the ride / T 47.16 C 48.14 tot 95.30 / gr tot 140.20 currently 1st /

3 Stephanie Valois / Jonathan Boudreau-Beland St Jerome Inc / Ste Agathe (QC) QC
Music: Nouvelle-France soundtrack / shades of brown
Very floaty 2tw / sbs 2a both had problems / lasso lift to one hand flip out dismount / thr 3s / music changes - very light and a bit of chor into sbs spins nice matching pos & close together went out of sync fairly early and never really got it back / h to h lift / spirals / sbs 2f I think turns 2t / ina into thr 3f / pair spin - nice starting pos ch and another ch - rest was good - bit slow / ss steps partly in mirror - effective with a good twizzle set if a bit slow / another lift that I didn't see the take-off of / bods and into closing pose / it was a pleasant program to watch - nothing memorable, but enjoyable / T 45.04 C 34.40 ded 1.0 tot 78.44 new pb / gr tot 122.84 /

4 Jessica Miller / Ian Moram North Shore WC BC/YT

Music: Nouvelle-France / both in black
What are the odds of that - the same music back to back when it isn't something overused / thr 4s fell / 2tw is good / sbs 3t clean but I'm not sure if he doubled / lift that went on forever - covered a lot of ice / sbs flycam sit upright ch sit leg at side - nice spins - close together and pretty good sync / sbs 2a think he singled the 1st turns sbs 2a / thr 3l pitched way forward on landing put foot down quick / spirals did Liz & Sean's change of direction in catch-foot pos / ftwrk flows ok / back hip lift to star to carry upside down with upside down exit / step overhead to one hand / bods with change of hand - got a little slow after the change / pair spin is ok / T 47.95 C 43.00 ded 1.00 tot 89.95 / gr tot 136.56 currently 2nd /

5 Mylène Brodeur / John Mattatall St Leonard(QC) / Tatamagouche NS
Music: Window Seat / Love Them from Cousins both in shades of blue & cream almost a tie-dye effect /
Nice bit of movement to start / 2tw not high but clean with arms overhead on catch / sbs 3t are clean / thr 3s she had it then slid off the edge / lasso lift to one hand nice air pos good speed across ice / music changes and slows and some chor & emoting / sbs 2a turns 2a - she singled / thr 3 l slid off edge again but forward and fell / spirals are held noice pos / step over head to one hand - good coverage / bods about 4 revs but got very slow on last one - hard time getting up / hip lift to no hands star - very nice / sbs spins were in and out of sync - mostly out but pos matched and they ended with xfoot spins (and you all know how I love xfoots) / sbs steps flowed very well with music / pair spin to end is nice - maintains speed / considering they've only been together less than a year they've got a good sense of pairness - very good edges & flow / T 46.89 C 42.74 ded 2 tot 87.63 / gr tot 134.88 currently 3rd /

6 Rachel Kirkland / Eric Radford Toronto CS & CC CO
Music: Final Fantaasy Medley / gorgeous shade of teal
Nice opening moves / 3tw is high and really clean / thr 3l step out / flip up entrance to lift - not sure how to describe it / sbs 3s she hung on to the landing / sbs spins are very fast & quite close together - excellent sync and matching pos / music softens & slows - tinkly piano / spirals back coe - last pos her in catchfoot & him in spread eagle is effective / pair spin is very good - nice pos - unique based on their height difference and they work / lift that I didn't see the takeoff of - one hand set down / thr 3s slid off the edge just like Mylene / sbs 2f 2t / sbs ftwrk to a melodic section of music and they interpret it quite well / lasso or step over head not sure to star to carry - well done / spirals into bods - they sepearte and come back together - nice bit of chor - very nice bods / T 51.54 C 42.79 ded 1.00 tot 93.33 new pb / gr tot 141.97 currently 1st /

7 Utako Wakamatsu / Jean-Sébastien Fecteau St Leonard (QC) CPA QC

Music: The Last Emperor / her in gorgeous kimono style teal dress him in cark grey with teal at front to match /
Japanese greeting type chor to open / sbs 3t are clean and in sync / high floaty 2tw / overhead lift - didn't see takeoff to star / thr 3l she pushed the landing through and I think hung on long enough / sbs 2a turns 2t / pair spin - 1s tpos her in cam him upright - not fussy on that one but rest of spin is very nice / toe overhead to star to carry on one foot to star twist dismount / spirals right into bods with about 4 revs - nicely done / thr 3s pitched forward both hands down / music changes with quite a beat / sbs spins bit far apart but think sync was pretty much on - maybe a little out near the end / diag steps accent the music well - dynamic / lift with her in slipts to one hand / she's in tears - I think that is probably the best long program they've skated - only flaw was the hands down on the throw / T 56.95 C 48.54 tot 105.49 / gr tot 157.97 currently 1st /

haz

Spectator
2 Elizabeth Putnam / Sean Wirtz Kerrisdale FSC / Kerrisdale FSC BC/YT
Music: Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto #1 / both in black with white
Nice opening moves with running steps (that I usually hate), good speed 2 tw is a bit low / lasso lift with great pos and speed across the ice - he moves well / sbs 3s turns 2t all in perfect sync / sbs flycam sit edge out of sync on edge chg sit edge never really got the sync back / some soft chor right with music / step lift with unusual exit / sbs 2a she single / music starts to build again and so do they / thr 2l / thr 3s nice & high / crowd is right with them / step overhead to one hand good coverage / diag steps as music changes - very dramatic and they're right into it and it calms near the ned / bods is smooth / spirals very fast with their flip of direct in catch foot pos that I just love / pair spin starts backwards ch then ch again - very well done / well skated (not perfect) program - they brought you along for the ride / T 47.16 C 48.14 tot 95.30 / gr tot 140.20 currently 1st /

There was something about the lift which I put in bold which made it an invalid element resulting in zero points for them. Does anyone know what it was?

Rosaleen

Medalist
There was something about the lift which I put in bold which made it an invalid element resulting in zero points for them. Does anyone know what it was?

I'd have to check the rules (or ask some one that knows for sure) but there is a rule about only being able to do a certain number of the same type of lift in a program - it is probably a type 4 or 5 that they're limited to only 2 I think. As I said, I'm not entirely sure of the exact rule.

Rosaleen

Medalist
8 Kyra Moscovitch / Dylan Moscovitch Mariposa WC / Toronto CS & CC CO
Music: Samson & Delilah / shades of brown & maroon - quite nice
Some nice opening moves / she does shoot duck into high 3tw that is lovely / thr 3l he never let go of her - timing was off / step over to one hand - he moves well she has nice air pos / sbs 2a turns 2a - she had to hang on to the 1st one but did / a bit of chor / sbs fly cam sit etc - beautiful unison & very fast - got a little far apart after change but still better than most team / spirals - didn' really see them - busy writing / thr 3f I think fell / sbs 3s she stumbled out a bit not sure about him - was blocked by her / pair spin is good / step overhead to star to carry then turns in opposite direction - nice lift / O ftwrk is dynamic and with music - nice chor / no hand hip lift went up nice but came down early / travelling moves into bids with about 4 revs / T 44.49 C 42.92 ded 1.00 tot 86.41 / gr tot 139.74 currently 4th /

9 Jessica Dubé / Bryce Davison Drummondville CPA / Hamilton SC QC
Music: Blower's Daughter her in bright blue with silver design him in dark grey with lighter grey shirt /
Some nice opening romantic chor to slow piano sets the moods in the crowd / nice split 2tw / sbs 2a turns 2a - nice sync - she was a tiny bit forward on the 2nd one but I'm being picky / lovely lift with gorgeous position no hands star but different - he moves so well / thr 3s / bods is lovely / sbs 3s she doubled - could see it going up / step overhead to star - again loads of ice coverage / sbs spins - close together and almost perfect sync - nice matchin g body line / thr 3l hand down pitched forward / spirals - nice matching lines & nested very close together / ftwrk cross back & forth for 1st part then into dance hold - lovely with music & in sync / toe overhead to one hand star to carry - drop dismount / something went wrong going into pair spin that I didn't see while lookning down & writing - they picked it up and completed the spin / they set a mood and the crowd was with them every step of the way / T 57.14 C 56.87 tot 114.01 new pb / gr tot 173.95 currently 1st /

10 Anabelle Langlois / Cody Hay CPA De Hull / Mile Zero FSC QC

Music: the Notebook Main Title - shades of grey /
Some romatic chor to star / sbs 2a in sync / thr 3s is huge and clean as a whistle - pretty / 2tw is floaty with arms overhead on catch / lasso lift to one hand / sbs 3t he stumbled out and I think she stepped out / music picks up to swing music for sbs steps and their mood chanes as well / steps are nicely done in char of the music / a bit of chor / sbs flycam sit upright with open leg ch sit - quite good sync - not perfect / back to romantic music / toe overhead to one han d to stra in spread eagle carry / thr 3z / spirals ar good - but after Jess & Bryce aren't as perfect / star lift / bods with change of hand and no reduction in speed - very nice / music really softens for pair spin that moves with the music / sigh - that was lovely too - I think I have to give the edge to Jess & Bryce / T 59.90 C 51.73 tot 107.63 new pb / gr tot 162.99 currently 2nd /

11 Valérie Marcoux / Craig Buntin Patinage Gatineau / St Leonard (QC) QC
Music: L'Amour shades of burgundy & peach
Some romantic chor to start / sbs 3t she flipped of edge and fell on her back / 2tw is high and floaty / spirals are very nice - good speed / sbs 2a - he landed on his toe but not sure about her she might have singled / pair spin has lovely positions - a little slow / lasso lift lots of ice coverage and flip out / thr 3l for him in spread eagle & her resting on his legs / step overhead one hand / thr 3s awkward fall took her a few second to get up / sbs spin good sync and move with the music / straddle hand to hand lift to helicopter dismount / sbs steps as music builds right in sync with it like it's flowing from them / bods is fast with 4revs or so / T 53.66 C 55.67 ded 2.00 tot 107.33 / gr tot 166.34 currently 2nd /

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
YEA!!! For Dube and Davison for winning their 1st national titile.

Most likely the world team will be:

1. Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison
2. Valerie Marcoux and Craig Buntin
3. Anabelle Langlois and Cody Hay

Tigger

Final Flight
Congratulations to Jessica and Bryce!!

Looks like a great World team for us in Pairs. All the best to them in Tokyo!!

I also hope that Annabelle and Cody have kept their Moulin Rouge ~ Elephant Love Medley show number they did last year in Celebration On Ice. That thing was wonderful and I really would love to see it again. :biggrin: