SkateCanada 2014 in Kelowna | Golden Skate

SkateCanada 2014 in Kelowna

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
SkateCanada 2014 is in Kelowna , 5 hours drive NW of Spokane...motorcycled through there this summer...I am thinking of attending if SkateAmerica is in some far off city.....
Anyone have any tips about food, hotels and such? The Arena area looks nice from google street view...
Chris

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I wonder how quickly tickets sell out in Canada? I wouldn't expect an empty rink, like those you see at Skate America.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
SkateCanada 2014 is in Kelowna , 5 hours drive NW of Spokane...motorcycled through there this summer...I am thinking of attending if SkateAmerica is in some far off city.....
Anyone have any tips about food, hotels and such? The Arena area looks nice from google street view...
Chris
My brother lives there; I haven't visited in a while so I can't recommend. I'll ask though. I can tell you that the place has tons of wineries which are absolutely lovely!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Chris

You should ask Mrs. P about her favorite winery there. She made positive comments about the area in the Kelowna thread that she had started a few days ago :):

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You should ask Mrs. P about her favorite winery there. She made positive comments about the area in the Kelowna thread that she had started a few days ago :):

Thank you golden411!

That winery is called Dirty Laundry Winery. https://www.dirtylaundry.ca/home.php

I had their wine when I visited this seafood restaurant in Vancouver and it was just amazing. When I visited the winery a few years ago, it was the dead of winter, but they still gave me a tasting! Very friendly staff!

The winery is actually in a town called Summerland, which is about 45 minutes south of Kelowna.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The area where this event is isn't so very different from WA state wine country.....the attendance by Canadians should be high but if I can get a seat where I don't need a parachute I just might go...but I want to see where SA is first....
Thank you golden411!

That winery is called Dirty Laundry Winery. https://www.dirtylaundry.ca/home.php

I had their wine when I visited this seafood restaurant in Vancouver and it was just amazing. When I visited the winery a few years ago, it was the dead of winter, but they still gave me a tasting! Very friendly staff!

The winery is actually in a town called Summerland, which is about 45 minutes south of Kelowna.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I think he needs a visit from you next year!!!!
Chris who gets his wine out of a box (Mrs. P hates me)
My brother lives there; I haven't visited in a while so I can't recommend. I'll ask though. I can tell you that the place has tons of wineries which are absolutely lovely!