Skating through Time dvd | Golden Skate

Skating through Time dvd

alicelouise

Rinkside
I just watched all three DVDS of "Skating Through Time". However, there were some noticeable omissions. I have kept in mind that these are from US Nationals; but some skaters are missing.

Sarah Hughes-she won the 2002 OGM. She must have had at least one noteworthy SP or LP from 1999-2003.

Nancy Kerrigan-Olympic Bronze&Silver Medalist/National champ. Her Olympic resume is as good as MK's. If Tonya Harding can get a mention why not her?

Timothy Goebel-2002 Olympic Medalist. He has some National titles as well.

Michael Weiss- He is a World medalist and National champ.

Caryn Kadavy-World Medalist

Roslyn Sumners-World Champ/National Champ/Olympic Silver Medalist

Linda Frattiane-World Champ(2x)/National Champ(4x)/Olympic Silver Medalist

Peter Oppegard and partner(sorry don't remember)-Olympic Bronze Medalists

Kyoko Ina&John Zimmerman-World Medalists/National Champs.

There were skaters/teams that did not have a single Olympic or World medal to their name but, were included because they were National champs. So...it might have been nice to include Naomi Lang &Peter Tchenesev, Naomi Nari Nam(Iknow she doesn't have a title but her 1999 skate was great), Rene Rocca&Gorsha Sur. If you can think of others...

A 4th DVD might have been nice. Why the omissions? Legal concernsperhaps?

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
alicelouise said:
... I just watched all three DVDS of "Skating Through Time". However, there were some noticeable omissions. I have kept in mind that these are from US Nationals; but some skaters are missing.

Nancy Kerrigan-Olympic Bronze&Silver Medalist/National champ. Her Olympic resume is as good as MK's. If Tonya Harding can get a mention why not her?

Timothy Goebel-2002 Olympic Medalist. He has some National titles as well.

A 4th DVD might have been nice. Why the omissions? Legal concernsperhaps?

I don't know about all the omissions. but I head that Nancy's '93 skate (where she won Nats) wasn't that great -- and Tim won his one Nat title in '01, with a skate that wasn't anywhere near as good as his Worlds performances in '02 and '03 (or his Olys skate). As to the others -- a second set of DVDs will be forthcoming soon.

To me, both Sarah Hughes' and Naomi Nari Nam's greatest performances were their exhibitions -- Fossi for Sarah and Itty Bitty Pretty One for Naomi.

Were any ice dancers featured? Punsalen and Swallow gave some remarkable performances at Nationals.

MM :)

K-Mo

On the Ice
I noticed some glaring omissions, myself. It would be nice if they would issue some more. What would be really cool is if they would put the best of each season on a disc. I know a lot of people have thier own homemade compilations, but it would be cool if they would put these great performances on a rockin' DVD set. It would also ROCK if skaters, commentators, coaches, etc... would do a commentary track like most movies have.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Were any ice dancers featured? Punsalen and Swallow gave some remarkable performances at Nationals.
Blumberg & Seibert (v.1-1982). He is to die for.
Belbin & Agosto (v.1-2005) 6.0's across the board in pre.
O'Connor & Millns (v.2-1976)
Punsalan & Swallow (v.3-1991). The racecar program.
Wynne & Druar (v.3-1990)

alicelouise

Rinkside
more

What really impressed me is the depth of talent in ALL discplines in US figure skating. This is despite the devastating 1961 plane crash.

Other MIAs
Tim Wood-World Champ/National Champ
Tiffanny Chin-National Champ/World Medalist/Olympian
Terry Kubica-First and last eligible back somi at an Olympics
David Santee-World medalist
Charles Tickner-World Champ/National champ/Olympic medalist
Christopher Bowman-National Champ/World Medalist:cool: