Skating with the Stars in Central Park, April 10th | Golden Skate

Skating with the Stars in Central Park, April 10th

sarahmistral

On the Ice
Not sure where to post this, but thought it might be of interest to many.

I flipped out when I saw this on Sasha's website. There's a fundraising event, an annual gala to raise funds for underprivileged skating students in Harlem, called Skating With the Stars, Under the Stars...and they're NOT kidding! For the hefty price tag of $250 (which includes dinner and an auction), you get to skate in a session with Oksana Baiul :love:, Viktor Petrenko, Evgeni Plushenko, Sasha Cohen, Paul Wylie, Surya Bonaly, and many more. Michelle did this benefit last year. I sure wish I had those $250. Thought I'd post this heads-up for anyone in the NY area who may want to do this or at least go stargazing in the park for free, as a friend of mine did last April. If Lu Chen or Matt Savoie were there, I'd do it; even without those two there, I'm very, very tempted. The skaters won't be performing, probably just fielding questions and autograph requests-on-ice from starstruck fans:)

Cheers,
Sarah m.

Organizer's contact info for those of you interested in attending:

[email protected]

It will be in Wollman Rink near 59th Street and Central Park West on Monday, April 10th from 6 to 9pm

Sylvia

Record Breaker
This is Figure Skating in Harlem's 2nd Annual "Skating With the Stars, Under the Stars" gala fundraiser in NYC -- see their web site:
http://www.figureskatinginharlem.org/inside/eventsStars.html

The $250 per person ticket includes [according to an email I received from the event organizer] "the opportunity to skate with the celebrity skaters, get photographs, autographs and more. Dinner will be served and there will be an auction. Please note that the celebrity skaters will not be performing."

Tim Goebel, Evan Lysacek and Melissa Gregory/Denis Petukhov have confirmed they will be attending on their respective official web sites, and I've been told that Rohene Ward plans to be there as well. It's on the Monday night before the Marshalls cheesefest exhibition in South Carolina.

Vash01

Medalist
sarahmistral said:
Not sure where to post this, but thought it might be of interest to many.

I flipped out when I saw this on Sasha's website. There's a fundraising event, an annual gala to raise funds for underprivileged skating students in Harlem, called Skating With the Stars, Under the Stars...and they're NOT kidding! For the hefty price tag of $250 (which includes dinner and an auction), you get to skate in a session with Oksana Baiul :love:, Viktor Petrenko, Evgeni Plushenko, Sasha Cohen, Paul Wylie, Surya Bonaly, and many more. Michelle did this benefit last year. I sure wish I had those $250. Thought I'd post this heads-up for anyone in the NY area who may want to do this or at least go stargazing in the park for free, as a friend of mine did last April. If Lu Chen or Matt Savoie were there, I'd do it; even without those two there, I'm very, very tempted. The skaters won't be performing, probably just fielding questions and autograph requests-on-ice from starstruck fans:)

Cheers,
Sarah m.

Organizer's contact info for those of you interested in attending:

[email protected]

It will be in Wollman Rink near 59th Street and Central Park West on Monday, April 10th from 6 to 9pm

If I lived anywhere close to NY, I would pay $250 to skate a session with these skaters- WOW! what a line up!

Vash