Tarah Kayne and Danny O'Shea End Partnership | Golden Skate

Tarah Kayne and Danny O'Shea End Partnership

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Press Release:

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (Dec. 10, 2020) -
2016 U.S. champions Tarah Kayne and Danny O’Shea have ended their partnership, the pair announced on Thursday.

Kayne and O’Shea, who have skated together since 2013, were bronze medalists at the 2020 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships. In 2018, the duo earned silver at Internationaux de France, were U.S. silver medalists and Four Continents champions.

"I'm very proud of our partnership and incredibly thankful for Tarah,” O’Shea said. “I know that she will be successful in everything she sets her mind to. I will always remember fondly our time together and all the hard work that made our partnership successful. I would also like to thank U.S. Figure Skating, our coaches and everyone who supported us along the way.”

“I would like to thank Danny for the dedication he has shown to our partnership, as well as U.S. Figure Skating for their many years of support,” Kayne said. “I look forward to continuing my competitive skating career with the guidance of my coaches, Jim Peterson and Amanda Evora.”

Both Kayne and O’Shea plan to continue skating.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am sad to see them split, I enjoyed watching them skate together. Best of luck to both of them!

Interesting that Tarah says she is continuing with Jim P. and Amanda, but not Danny. I usually don't like speculation, but Balasz Nagy did just split from his partner as well:scratch2:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I am sad to see them split, I enjoyed watching them skate together. Best of luck to both of them!

Interesting that Tarah says she is continuing with Jim P. and Amanda, but not Danny. I usually don't like speculation, but Balasz Nagy did just split from his partner as well:scratch2:
Oh my....
I'm sad too, but I like this bit of speculation.

happycamper2554

On the Ice

They are dating so the real question is if they want to be an on ice partnership. Also if Nagy wants to go to Canton. I don't think he and Kate ever officially announced if they were leaving Colorado Springs.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:cry: I am sorry for this split as I really enjoyed their partnership. Glad to know that they both plan to continue skating. I wish them both all the best in their skating & in life. :love2:

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I think they saw the writing on the wall as to where they fit within the ranking of us pairs and decided to move on.
Having seen them live at last years nationals what stood out to me was how underwhelming pair elements where especially their throws were small and unimpressive compared to the other top teams and was reflected in the GOE of their pair elements.
Also the inconsistency and doubling of their side by sides jumps always loomed over their skating.

oly2018

Final Flight
It's interesting that they are both continuing. Would they want to do another Olympic cycle with another partner? There isn't really enough time to get a new team up and running to make a real run at this Olympics. Especially since Tarah and Danny seemed to have individual tech issues. I am interested to see what happens next for the two of them.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really do wish them well. They have (had) many nice qualities, but it seems as though their skating has been a treading water situation, while their rivals have upped their games.

The whole quarantine thing surely hasn't helped, and perhaps that effected their decision-making.