TAT not coming to 4CC due to a health problem  | Golden Skate

TAT not coming to 4CC due to a health problem 

Bennett

Record Breaker
Hope Mao does well without the coach and that TAT recovers well. The article mentions that TAT had some heart condition before. I hope that she gets better.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
Well, she wasn't too good in the international 1st-tier competitions this season, that might be why she is going to try 4CC.

I agree. Mao's incentives can be twofold: (1) given how subjective we've seen this scoring system to be this season (at least in terms of harshness of downgrades, PCS, etc.), it's a good opportunity for her to redeem herself in the eyes of the ISU judges as an Olympic contender; and (2) putting out two solid performances here will give her the confidence that she'll need going into the Olympics.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Oh dear, I hope she gets better soon! I am sure she has doctors orders not to watch Mao's competition live. That alone will give anybody high blood pressure!

mystichaze

On the Ice
I hope Tatiana gets well soon and will be at the Olympics with Mao. Mao did well at her last competition with just Shanette at the boards so I hope she does well again here!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hope TAT recovers fully and soon!

I agree. Mao's incentives can be twofold: (1) given how subjective we've seen this scoring system to be this season (at least in terms of harshness of downgrades, PCS, etc.), it's a good opportunity for her to redeem herself in the eyes of the ISU judges as an Olympic contender; and (2) putting out two solid performances here will give her the confidence that she'll need going into the Olympics.

Also winning 4CCs adds to Mao's placing in the ISU rankings. Come next fall, that will determine where in the skating order she skates at GP events. It's the easiest way to perk up your ranking, especially for NA and Asian people, since there are no easily accessible Senior B events on our continents in the summer.

cornell08

Final Flight
Aw I hope she's in better health for the Olympics...she needs to be right there alongside Frank Carroll, Yao Bin, Brian Orser and the other dynamo coaches who are such characters. But in all honesty she probably should go easy on the chain smoking...

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Aw I hope she's in better health for the Olympics...she needs to be right there alongside Frank Carroll, Yao Bin, Brian Orser and the other dynamo coaches who are such characters. But in all honesty she probably should go easy on the chain smoking...

At first, I thought you meant Mao and I was like, "WHAT?! LIES!"

But then I realized you were talking about TAT. Hahah.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I read Mao might go to Russia right before the Olympics to meet TAT, but I also just read that she wouldn't and would stay in Japan until the last minute. I hope that she would stay at home. She will be getting opinions from a variety of technical experts on her 3A at home and perhaps it would be more essential for her at this point of time. I am sorry that her coaching situation has been unfortunate. Good news is that she's independent, autonomous, and disciplined so much.