Thanks to forum members at KC | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Thanks to forum members at KC

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I had mostly a good experience at Nationals. My hotel was lovely and the employees were very helpful. Used SuperShuttle to the hotel and back to the airport. There was a small glitch returning to the airport, but it all worked out fine. I thought the Sprint Center did a good job. The workers were very nice and helpful and the concourse is wide so you don't have to fight your way through on Championship Weekend. It was nice having the restaurant choices across Grand and I was able to try out 3 restaurants which were all very good. I did wish that salads or some type of lighter food were offered at Sprint, but I didn't see anything like that.

It was nice to see Coyote Chris, and meet b-man. Iluvtodd, I saw you from a distance, but you were moving way too fast for me and I couldn't get your attention!

Now, the downside to this trip! I arrived on Tuesday and was totally unable to get a taxi from my hotel to Sprint. I tried calling and couldn't get through to Yellow Cab and neither could the hotel. Checker asked where I was going and after hearing it was Sprint Center they responded with they had no taxi's in the area. I tried several other numbers and no one had a taxi in the area. Finally about 30 minutes later one company said ok and 5 minutes. I thought that was great - until 25 minutes had gone by without the taxi arriving. Finally a very nice young man getting off work at the hotel offered to drop me off at Sprint. My trip back to the hotel went the same way. According to Sprint FAQs and customer service, taxis are supposed to pickup and drop off on Oak Street. The dispatcher told me and the Customer Service Manager who was helping me that the drivers don't like short runs and he would put the call on the radio but no one would respond. He also said I would just have to go out to Truman Rd. or 14th Street and find a cab on one of those streets. The Customer Service Manager told the dispatcher I have limited mobility and I couldn't do that and the response was - too bad. Finally the Sprint Center sent a worker out to find a taxi and that was how I got back to my hotel. The saga continues with a 1 hour wait on Friday morning and a 2 hour wait on Saturday morning. 2 different drivers also said they don't like short runs and I would only get a taxi if someone was already in the area when the call went out. If KC should ever host again, I will be sure to have a smartphone with the Uber app and I will not use any taxi service.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry I didn't actually get to talk to you this time, MFarone. Glad you made it to KC. Sorry you had to deal with the taxi mess!