Top 10 favourites from Canadian nationals | Golden Skate

Top 10 favourites from Canadian nationals

rain

Record Breaker
So I couldn't narrow it down to just 5, so here's my top 10, in no particular order:

1. Lajoie/Lagha RD and FD
2. Miku/Tyler being such a promising young ice dance team (hope he can get well)
3. Kaiya Ruiter's LP
4. Lia Pereira's SP in the women's discipline
5. all the great new pairs teams
6. Conrad Orzel in the kiss and cry after the LP
7. Keegan Messing's goodbye skate LP and after
8. Deanna and Maxime being the grittiest to win their first Canadian title
9. Mimar/McIntosh's LP (though Les Mis, ugh)
10. Pereira/Michaud winning their first medal

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
OHLALA... it's going to be an interesting list to make (maybe not so much to read LOL)

I have to give # 1 to my son
1) Conrad for being the only man not falling and not popping jumps into singles or doubles ;) and for landing two quads in the short and holding his nerves after his "surprising" second in the SP. His reaction in the KnC ! Well deserved after his switch to Ravi !
2) Kaiya's LP. What a redemption skate from Challenge. Very happy she is back after her injury
3) Seeing Miku and Tyler was so nice !
4) Lajoie and Lagha as well as the entire dance event. LaLa are showing that they are just going to break the international ice dance order very soon. Yes, it sucks they will miss worlds but watch out for them. They are so good.
5) Weaver's commentary. Enough said.
6) Deanna and Max's SP. Showing what will and drive can do despite all the health setbacks. Bravo Deanna for pushing through this weekend. Honorable mention to the entire Pairs group... 5 young/new teams making waves just below our champs !
7) Edward Vasii crowned as junior man champion with 3 huge 3axels over the course of both programs
8) Canadian senior and junior women showing the world that they will be coming soon too with an impressive number of 3-3. Special mention to Rose Théroux who was exciting to watch (I thought she deserved the title) Another mention for Fiona's Lutz and 3loopEU3S combo
9) Gogolev's redemption LP
10) Keegan's hug with his parents. I am still tearing up thinking about it... notice that i have left if as number 10 for his 10 nationals.

Last edited:

rain

Record Breaker
OHLALA... it's going to be an interesting list

5) Weaver's commentary. Enough said.
Kaitlyn Weaver is a GREAT commentator. She keeps things on track and explains just enough of the technical side to illuminate and not bore non-super fans. I bet she could learn to commentate on the other disciplines quickly, too, and I'd love to hear her. I also really liked Kaetlyn Osmond.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd like to add Fiona Bombardier who skated very well and was in contention for a spot for 4CC if only she had been sent somewhere to get her minimums. I definitely look forward to seeing her again with those big jumps.

Also for all those who just enjoyed skating before a really lively audience

Kaitlyn & Andrew in the gala

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kevin, Kaetlyn, Kaitlyn, Kristin MT & Nam

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Well, here goes (order is random!):

1. Conrad. Good SP (to the Carmina, excellent choice of music), Good FS (that smile in the second half of the programme) and the reaction in the K&C was just fantastic.
2. Deanna and Maxime. I've seen them do better in the FS, but wonderful to watch anyway. Their emotions.
3. Emanuelle and Nicolas. Especially his reaction to losing the pivot in the death spiral.
4. The whole pair event was wonderful
5. The pink panther
6. The duel between Marjorie/Zachary and Laurence/Nikolaj. So close!
7. Stephen's FS
8. Keegan's emotions and the hug with his parents. So happy for him!
9. No comments during the programmes, only afterwards.
10. Kevin's voice while giving excellent explanations why things went wrong or right.

There's more but had to stick to 10!