Top 5 favourites from Canadian nationals | Golden Skate

Top 5 favourites from Canadian nationals

fishing

Rinkside
All the expected winners stepped up and delivered when it mattered despite the difficulties of the season due to mental and physical hardships due to the pandemic. All were a treat especially Madeleine, Keegan, Piper and Paul and Kirsten and Mike. Congratulations to Evelyn and Trent and Gabby. Great skates. Also my favourite camera coverage in a long, long time. No random overheads, closeups or roofcams. I so, so hope that all the big events still to come use this formula too: keep the skater/s in the center of the screen, always. Save the ‘art’ for the replay.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It's a men's only top 5 for me, though I definitely enjoyed the Pairs and Dance too.

1. Corey Circelli
2. Joseph Phan
3. Keegan Messing
4. Roman Sadovsky (Free skate especially)
5. The wonderful skating skills of so many of these men making most programmes just a joy to watch.

xox

On the Ice
Roman Long
Madelaine, short
Evelyn and Trent short and long
Kirsten and Mike short/long,
Caro and Shane RD and Free

cem2

Rinkside
Just one for me......the correct pairs team representing Canada at the Olympics

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
1. MTM2 finally had a good performance under their belts.
Hope she spend less time on social media and keep focus on themselves to improve upon this outing.

2. Roman's LP, and it consolidated his Olympic spot.
When I saw him live first time at Thornhill around the time he won his first JGP, he was barely taller than the board. Then he turned into a tower when I got his autograph. It is impossible not to be touched to witness the Olympic journey of a boy whom had grown in front my eyes.

3. Free Dances from top to bottom.

4. Joseph's nice recovery from injury.
He was already towering me when I took a picture with him together.

5. Wesley continued to display his calm and consistency.
Damn Covid, I haven't yet to see him live.