TV Alert: Caesars Tribute II: A Salute to the Ladies of Ice On Now!!!! | Page 5 | Golden Skate

TV Alert: Caesars Tribute II: A Salute to the Ladies of Ice On Now!!!!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Speaking of Ina Bauers, I was amazed to see Hanyu's. Is there any other male skater that does one as good? Maybe Adam Rippon? It is pretty rare for a man to do this with such flexibility.

heyang

Record Breaker
this wasn't a tribute to US ladies, though?

I believe that this show was a Tribute to Ladies of the Ice - not the US specifically. Last year's tribute was specifically to American Figure Skating. Confirmed by checking the titles on the downloads from my TiVo.

heyang

Record Breaker
And why Olympia did the Kwans show up wherever asked before Nagano but not after according to you? Tara had a jampacked schedule from age 3 it seems until around 2002. Then came her acting classes-she wasn't skating. I never read anywhere the Kwans were "accomodating" but the Lipinskis were not. Could it be the Kwans needed the money/appearance fees for 3 kids in skating/college etc and the L's had the money with just the one Oly gold 15 year old?:think:

From what I recall reading, the Kwan's were often asked to 'coach' other skating parents with regards to being supportive of their children's desires and efforts to skate and not imposing their personal preferences on the kids. Nothing I've read referred to how much the parents travelled with their kids, which is at their personal expense. In the early part of Michelle's career, both of her parents were seldom able to attend together and it was fortunate for the young Michelle that big sister Karen was also an elite skater and they often attended competitions together.

Tara's parents were a bit more well-to-do, but it was often just her mother travelling with her. Mr Lipinski remained in Houston at his job while Tara and her mother moved to be closer to her coach.

Both families made sacrifices for their children's skating careers. Both families should be proud of the women they raised.