TV broadcasts - GP (and other) competitions in Nordic countries? | Golden Skate

TV broadcasts - GP (and other) competitions in Nordic countries?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Probably WC and EC will be broadcasted here in Finland on national TV for free, but I decided to make an overall topic because I have no idea how it is in other countries.

But mostly I have been trying to find information where to watch GP series. Even local fed seems to have no idea yet. I have tried both in English, in Finnish and searched ISU pages. If there is some info at ISU pages I was not able to find, can somebody help? The contract with NENT Group has finished to 2022-2023 season and I checked that they have no figure skating on TV schedules. It is only two weeks before start, is there any info?

If there is the same problem in other countries outside Northern Europe, you can change the topic.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We are having the same problem in the British Isles, and it is also because of NENT Group.

Viaplay launched in the UK earlier this year, and were supposed to be taking over all the skating rights from British Eurosport for the next 5 seasons (starting with this season). But a couple of months ago, Viaplay announced they would be pulling out of all markets apart from the Nordics and the Netherlands. So, we have no idea what is happening now.

@FlossieH asked a similar question to you in the British & Irish season thread last night, and here is the reply I wrote this morning:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/3178259

I realise that most of what I wrote doesn't apply to other countries, but the final few paragraphs do:

I remember in previous years, that it was only at the very last minute (a day or so before the first event) that the ISU issued details of how people in each country could watch the Senior GP's. So it may be that we only find out for definite then.

And it was also at the last minute that the livestreams appeared on the ISU YouTube channel. So, I wouldn't start to panic about whether there will be YouTube coverage or not until perhaps a day before it is due to start.

But all these question marks are not good.

Sorry I couldn't tell you anything more concrete. We're all in the same boat - we just don't know what is going on. :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

Hopefully we all find out soon where we will be able to watch.

CaroLiza_fan