TV Guide Figure Skating Article | Golden Skate

TV Guide Figure Skating Article

In the January 10-16 issue of TV Guide, there is an article on figure skating. Although it's title on the cover corner is "Ten Years After Tonya and Nancy," inside it's called "Figure Skating: The Nice Age."

BTW, for those of you who appreciate Michelle's feminine assets, on the table of contents page there's a great photo of Michelle doing her spiral, taken from the front, with Michelle wearing a rather low-cut costume. Take note Mathman and Idle: Va va voom!

The article mostly talks about how skating has changed since "the whack heard 'round the world." Nothing new for regular forum readers. It did, however, note the plans by Michael Rosenberg to start a 24/7 cable skating channel. It also has a photo of Tonya Harding in her new sport: boxing. Talk about biceps. I didn't recognize who it was at first glance.
Rgirl

Idle,
You know I would never lie to you about something as important as cleavage. In the newstand PRINT issue of TV Guide, it has Nancy crying "Why?!" in a small corner photo on the cover; Michelle is in a photo on the Table of Contents page putting the ooh in la la; Michelle showing her cute flat belly on the title page of the article; photos of Sasha, AP, Jenny, and BeBe, plus Tim, Mike, and Ryan Jahnke with the article, as well as the photo of a beefy Tony and even one of Scott Hamilton.

Unless they print a separate edition of TV Guide for California (I don't mean the listings, I mean the magazine part), I swear, thar's babes on them thar pages.

See, this is just why they change the online stuff. They tease you with talk of that great photo of Michelle in the print edition and people look online, only to get something that's NOT that. I'd be:sheesh:too--if I were a guy;)
Rgirl

Well, you knew I would rush out and buy it, didn't you RG. Yep, there she is. There's kind of a funny shadow across her chest that distorts the perspective a little. (It's the same in all 34 copies that I looked through at the drugstore.)

I have a theory, in keeping with the main article about figure skating falling on somewhat hard times in terms of popularity. At Nationals, ABC is paying Michelle by the square inch. IIRC (and I am sure I do) the purple Tosca dress puts in the la la. So maybe they hope to attract the male betting audience by laying in odds of whether she will actually fall out or not in the LP.

Mathman

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Ah Ha...

A word for the Amazing Wonder Bra. The square inch volume remains the same I think, however the illusion is different. This I believe is a proven fact by *average* women everywhere. (me included)

Mathman, there is no one like you with the skills to evaluate that particular element - actual v. illusion inches. BTW I DID show my husband that spiral pic of Michelle, and he WAS impressed, and MIGHT actually watch the live finals with me. So I do think illusions of inches sometimes overcome actual inches. Will be interested in your thoughtful analysis of this whole thing. Depends on the dress I think. As I age and subsequently droop, I will be praying for Vera Wang to become My Friend, or at least my Dress Maker.

:)
DG

LOL, Doggygirl. Would that Vera Wang would become all our friends. But she's Michelle's friend and still charges an Anna Nicole cupload. (Yes, I know Anna Nicole dropped a ton.) For extra great "illusion" I wonder if Vera charges by cubic inch?

Mathman,
So glad my TV Guide did not prove to be the only one with that photo of Michelle in it, or that it was just an illusion;)

And how about that photo of Tonya? Talk about looking like a bruiser. I wouldn't want to run into one of those fists.
Rgirl

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
New Words for Webster...

My hubby and I always seem to come up with new words to describe things. As an example, when family is coming, we have to decrappify our house. :)

New Word of the Day.....

Vera Wang + Michelle Kwan = Cleav-A-Chievement

What a great reminder, that in the off-season, I need to shop for some more gravity defying undergarments. (or see what DH can do with Man's Most Powerful and Useful Tool - Duct Tape)

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Let's hear it for the Cleav-A-Chievement!

I'm also laughing based on a post in the Ice Dance thread about the polka dot costumes. I doubt the same ads air in all areas, but in my area (ChicagoLand) this theme song came back to life last night in an ad - LOL can't remember what they were advertising.

SHEEEE, WOREEEE, ANNNNNN
Itsy bitsy teeny weenie yellow polka dot bikini....
THAT she wore for the first TIME tonight...

SHEEE, WOREEE, ANNNN

Etc.

I sang along with that and played with my puppy during the commercial breaks. Just out of curiousity, is this where the ice dance teams develop costume ideas????

In any case Mathman, Vera HAS to be using Gravity Defying Duct Tape Type Material And Undergarments to get the results she got with those costumes. :)

DG

I saw it, too (Detroit). I think it was an ad for Yoplait yogurt. The more you eat, the skinnier you get, until finally you can fit into your old swimming suit, LOL.

MM

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Dgirl........too funny:laugh: 42

Hey, we have Rgirl, Rgal, and now Dgirl........how cool is that!!! (Are you really a long lost relative of the "twinnies?) 42

Show,
I was just thinking the same thing. I think Dgirl is Rgal's and my long lost triplet. ROFL, DG, at Cleav-A-chievement. You inspired me, or your husband did. Mine isn't as good, but how about "decolleKwan"?;)
Rgirl

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
LOL on long lost triplets....

Rgirl and Rgal, we were probably separated at birth because what parent in their right mind would want to face having THREE 16 year old brats under the same roof at the same time????

I like Decollekwan. :) LOL, after the SP and LP dresses, the exhibition dress yesterday looked like a turtleneck sweater.

DG