U2's New CD | Golden Skate

U2's New CD

mike79

On the Ice
Their new CD is brilliant. I'd say it's their best since Achtung Baby. Nothing will touch The Joshua Tree, but this CD is a return to that sound.

Anyone else get it yet?

Lcp88

On the Ice
My thoughts *exactly*. One of the first things I noticed was how much the songs reminded me of Achtung Baby. Their first single, "Vertigo", is not one of their best, IMO, but every song after is great, espcially "Miracle Drug." I highly reccomend it. Plus, Bono looks great on the cover! :rock: :love:
Laura

Okay, I know getting "compilations" or "best of" CD's(they were albums when I began buying 'records') isn't a real popular thing, but it's what I like to do...that way I KNOW I'm spending my money on music I'll like.
Do any of you U2 fans know if they have a good compilation/best hits CD out? I love "Elevation"(the single) and would definately love to have that on a CD.
I kind of like the new single "Vertigo"...makes me get kind of crazy/silly when I listen to it.

Johar

Medalist
I have the "Best Of 1980-1990" cd. It has
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Years Day
With Or Without You
Pride
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Will Follow
Sweetest Thing
Desire
When Love Comes To Town
Angel Of Harlem
All I Want Is You

Did anybody catch them on SNL last weekend. They were awesome and even did an extra song at the very end--one of their first hits. Bono even went into the crowd.

Thanks for the info! I know/love just about every song there. I imagine they don't have a newer one out yet that would include Elevation. I'll have to check CD Now.

Lcp88

On the Ice
They also have a "Best of 1990 - 2000" CD, which might have a few more songs you're looking for:

Even Better Than the Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
Electrical Storm
One
Miss Sarajevo
Stay
Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Gone
Until The End of the World
The Hands That Built America (From Gangs of New York)Discotheque
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Staring at the Sun
Numb
The First Time

I still personally recommend "Achtung Baby" - definately one of their best.

Johar

Medalist
Achtung Baby is one of the best cds I've ever listened to. Each song is good and it's definitely wotyh buying.

I started listening to U2 as a teen when I got a crush on the drummer, Larry Mullen. But then I started really liking their songs.