Virtual Sectionals | Golden Skate

Virtual Sectionals

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Well, I watched the sectionals ladies free tonight, or at least a quarter of the 47...congrats to Paige for getting to Nats....My wife and I were slightly shocked that the rink bosses wouldnt just announce that a skater wanted to do a skate for sectionals and would everyone please just hug the boards for five minutes????? The second shock was that few of the camera people knew what a zoom control is. There was no real way to call the landings from so far away for the judges. Lets hope for a much better skating year next season.....(Ting, we love you....where ever you are......)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I watched the sectionals ladies free tonight, or at least a quarter of the 47...congrats to Paige for getting to Nats....My wife and I were slightly shocked that the rink bosses wouldnt just announce that a skater wanted to do a skate for sectionals and would everyone please just hug the boards for five minutes????? The second shock was that few of the camera people knew what a zoom control is. There was no real way to call the landings from so far away for the judges. Lets hope for a much better skating year next season.....(Ting, we love you....where ever you are......)
Me too. It was awful. The men’s and pairs are better.

katymay

Medalist
NBC Peacock. The Jr Ladies dropped today.
Felt bad for #13-Hannah Lofton. She was good, just missed the cut. Clare Seo has some major jumping talent-hope for the future! Cannon was impressive as well. I look forward to watching them all again in a few weeks-and hey, they won't have to dodge middle aged men learning their front crossovers-Yay!

Last edited:

Janice4th

On the Ice
Felt bad for #13-Hannah Lofton. She was good, just missed the cut. Clare Seo has some major jumping talent-hope for the future! Cannon was impressive as well. I look forward to watching them all again in a few weeks-and hey, they won't have to dodge middle aged men learning their front crossovers-Yay!
But why was Kannon wearing a mask while skating? Nice job, otherwise.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But why was Kannon wearing a mask while skating? Nice job, otherwise.

I don't know for this particular skater, but since these skates are filmed at various rinks, some rinks are requiring that masks be worn even while a skater is on the ice, depending on local regulations. Or it could be her personal preference:shrug:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wasn’t that terrible? I guess they are used to it? But for some reason it was just the ladies, at least that I saw. Of course I would think it would be terribly dangerous with pairs to have a learn to skate class all under foot during your long program.