Virtue and Moir: 'We are taking it all in' | Golden Skate

Virtue and Moir: 'We are taking it all in'

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir re-exerted their dominance of the sport of ice dance with two powerhouse performances en route to their seventh Skate Canada International title. Teammates Kaetlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje took the silver, while USA's Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue earned the bronze.

More...

"I'd like to think this is our last one and we are really taking it all in," Moir said of the team's final showing at Skate Canada International.
"It's a nice confidence boost," Virtue said of the scores. "We know exactly where those improvements need to be made and there's no reason why we can't have that at NHK. It's validation that we are on the right track. We are in a very secure place."
"There wasn't a lot of time for us to figure out what was missing in "Spartacus" and we knew that we had to lead with our best foot forward," Weaver continued. "It was brought to our attention by [coach] Nikolai [Morozov] that he thinks we should change and right away we felt it was right. The rules have changes, so we had to update a few things, but ultimately, this is the best that we can be. This program, we feel, is very representative of us and our team and it feels good."
"Zach and I are filled with gratitude now, feeling very happy," said Hubbell. "Gratitude for each other and for our team for training us so well. We are really proud of our skate today and almost got teary-eyed on the podium, but I didn't want it to look bad. It was a really great day for us and we're looking forward to going back home and training more."

What are your thoughts on the Ice Dance event at Skate Canada?