What skater in history would you like to interview? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What skater in history would you like to interview?

bouncy

☀️
On the Ice
I adore Denise Biellmann. Her skating was so much more than the famous Biellmann spin, which somehow in my mind "eclipsed" her other merits. Despite her Biellmann spin, I find her choice of music so interesting (not the tacky pop songs we have nowadays) and her techniques so ahead of her time. She also has a legendary mother who choreographed for and coached her.
So sad I can't find any interviews in video formats except the one she did for a Japanese TV. Although it was in German and I didn't understand a word she said, I enjoyed watching it. She seemed to be a lovely person off the ice. I wish I could talk to her in person and her mom as well.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would also like to interview Michelle Kwan to ask her about her decision not to use Lori Nichol after 2001-02. That, to me, is even more puzzling than her decision to leave Frank as her coach.
I always wondered about this as well. Michelle skated to more musical warhorses afterward. Some worked and some didn't.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A skater in history ...

Off the top of my head, I'd like to interview Sergei Grinkoff (thru an interepreter!) As a fellow inveterate reader, I'd like to ask him about his favorite books, and why he loved them. According to Scott Hamilton, Sergei always had a book in his pocket, Russian literature, and would take it out to read in spare, quiet moments.