When was the last time a U.S. lady did 7 triples in 7 passes in her Nationals LP? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

When was the last time a U.S. lady did 7 triples in 7 passes in her Nationals LP?

gkelly

Record Breaker
(!) Can you give some more detail about the one-foot single Axel.? Are you on the wrong foot to do a Salchow in combination after an Axel?

See the Jill Trenary example that janetfan linked.

Most jumps land on the wrong foot to do a salchow afterward. That can be gotten around by landing on the other foot, which allows a true combination but is too difficult to control with many revolutions. It's pretty rare, and when it is done it's usually a single axel, or more rarely double salchow. Since those jump take off from the opposite foot from the usual back outside landing edge, when they land on the back inside edge of the "wrong" foot it's the same foot as the takeoff, so they're called one-foot axel or one-foot salchow.

The other way around it is to put a half loop in between, but then you have to deal with the 0.8 sequence multiplier.

Could you do the same thing with a "one-foot double Axel," or would that be too hard?

In theory you could, but I've never seen anyone try. Must be too hard to control that back inside edge landing after 2.5 (or more) revolutions.

Could you turn it around and do a 3S+2A sequence?

Yes. 2A at the end of a sequence is usually done with just a step forward or a tap-toe or mazurka (hops) transitions from the landing edge to the axel takeoff edge. Again there's that pesky sequence multiplier, but the difference between the 2A base mark and that of 2T or 2S would make up for it. Plus it fulfills the axel requirement.

Didn't Sasha used to do a sequence with a Salchow as the second jump?

Yes, I think she did a couple different versions of it, especially at the beginning of the IJS when they were still tinkering with the rules about what qualified as a sequence or not.

Layfan

Record Breaker
It would not have been EIGHT if she hadn't popped the second jump of a triple triple combination.
Did she do a 3A? How on earth would she have EIGHT triples?

That's true. Maybe she threw in a triple to make up for the one she popped. Or maybe Peggy Flemming miscounted .. no I count seven. But that was before such strict UR calls. So as far as I can tell from this thread it certainly seems we can say Rachael is the first under the CoP rules

Last edited:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
When was the last time a U.S. lady did 7 triples in 7 passes in her Nationals LP?

I swear I thought this thread was a joke. How about 7 passes, with one a double axel and one a triple - triple? That's 7 triples in 7 passes.

Sit back, relax, crack open a beer, grab some popcorn and count 'em up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjKl4eGxf08

aftertherain

Record Breaker

I swear I thought this thread was a joke. How about 7 passes, with one a double axel and one a triple - triple? That's 7 triples in 7 passes.

I was gonna add this vid too, but I wasn't sure if there were seven. Hahah.

Go Caroline! :)

FlattFan

Match Penalty

Oh dear, it wasn't a joke. Did she get credit for 7 triples? No.