Who Will You Be Voting For? And Where Do You Live? | Golden Skate

Who Will You Be Voting For? And Where Do You Live?

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Didn't want to do a poll, I'd like to keep it a little more personal as I am interested in seeing the demographic in terms of location.

I'm voting for Obama. I live in Scottsdale, Arizona and L.A., Californa. Will be voting in California.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I already voted, for McCain/Palin. I'm in Alaska. And no, that was not the reason.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Massachusetts here, so it doesn't really matter; no matter how I vote, the fact of my residency in the aforementioned state will put my vote into the "Obama" column.

I've been originally a McCain supporter, then got totally disgusted with his choice of Palin for VP. I was almost going to vote for Obama, despite my misgivings about him essentially being a demagogue. Now, though, I am almost certain to vote McCain - I just don't want all Washington to be in the hands of one party.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
my vote doesn't count either - our polls don't close until normally hours after the presidential choice has been made, so you get a lot of us up here asking "why bother" and we go and vote for ou people and then go to sleep. lol

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
I'm North Carolina, and I already voted a week ago, for McCain/Palin. For me there is no other choice.

lmarie086

Medalist
I live in Connecticut, and I cast my vote for Obama/Biden a few hours ago.
It was kind of amazing how quickly I was in and out of there. I thought it was going to take a lot longer so I had homework with me and everything.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
I live in New York but I'm attending college in Pennsylvania for the year. This is the first election that I was able to participate in considering I just turned 18 last month. I casted my vote for Obama/Biden a few hours ago.

luvsasha

Final Flight
I'm in PA, and i voted McCain/Palin. i'm not really too fond of him, but to be honest, Barack Obama kind of scares me...

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Obama. Virginia.

And maybe my next political cause is going to be trying to drum up support for moving to popular vote only and getting rid of the electoral college. This whole notion of having your vote matter or not based on where you live is to me ludicrous. The original reasoning for the electoral college just no longer applies IMHO. That we don't have a simple "most votes wins" policy is unfathomable to me. :p

This year, I'm in a "battleground" state, but it saddens me to hear folks feel their vote doesn't matter, if their state is sure to go a certain way. (And I've certainly felt that way before myself.)