World, 4CC, Jr. World Teams announced | Page 5 | Golden Skate

World, 4CC, Jr. World Teams announced

feraina

Record Breaker
Joannie would have to completely unravel to lose to Alissa. Rochette is far and away the better skater, a complete package of an athlete and an artist, if she skates anywhere near what she is capable of. Czisny needs to step up her difficulty BIG TIME in the LP.

Yeah, I agree. Joannie has much stronger basic skating skills, and better technique on the jumps, than Alissa. Her jumps are so high and with such flow on the landing. I saw her do a 2A earlier this season that was just so high and so strong. I never get that feeling with Alissa, who actually doesn't skate that fast, and often has no flow out of her jumps, including the lutzes and flips she completed at this National's.

LeCygne

Final Flight
With the exception of Rachel, NO US lady can be called consistent. Caroline Zhang comes the closest, but she's got other issues that are holding her back from doing really well in major championships. I think even if Rachel won Nats, the world team would still be the same (the top 2).

Exactly, that's why it's not unfair that Ashley was left off of 4CC and it's not unfair that Caroline was left off of Worlds either.

ks777

Record Breaker
It would have been funny if

Kimmi, BeBe and Emily (are they still eligible?) were going to Jr worlds.

and

Racheal, Mirai and Caroline were going to Sr worlds!!

Trewyn

Medalist
Yeah, and why don't they send Johnny Weir to Jr Worlds, now that they're at it, so that he can maintain his current ISU ranking :p

Yeah, I agree. Joannie has much stronger basic skating skills, and better technique on the jumps, than Alissa. Her jumps are so high and with such flow on the landing. I saw her do a 2A earlier this season that was just so high and so strong. I never get that feeling with Alissa, who actually doesn't skate that fast, and often has no flow out of her jumps, including the lutzes and flips she completed at this National's.
Agree! But Alissa has charisma, which Joannie needs a bit more of.

Unfortunately, sometimes that gets buried in CoP, but I agree. It's nice to see such a charismatic skater like Alissa.
Love your comment. :laugh: I'm never sure what they are judging in the PC scores. There are so many bullets for each of the scoring devices, and how can anyone be sure they were all accounted for?

There were a lot of PC scores higher than Tech scores at Nats that I have never seen before :confused:. Maybe they are pressing for more PC scores like they pressed for URs.

Oh the games, the CoP plays!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Both Czisny and Rochette seem to be prone to off-nights, though, and both seem to have improved their consistency this year. And both seem to be rather critical of themselves. Very similar in many ways, those two.