Elladj Balde | Golden Skate

Elladj Balde

enlight78

Medalist
Canadian figure skater Elladj Baldé was born November 9, 1990, in Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union (now Russia). He moved to Canada in 1992.

Elladj Baldé pronounces his name (video by sabinfire):
https://youtu.be/RJQOlDsGC6E

Wikipedia

ISU Biography

Just want to say I am so proud of him winning his first international competitions. I been a fan of his for the last four years. I really like the way he perform his programs. He is such a dancer.

Last edited by a moderator:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
His programs at Nebelhorn Trophy were marvelous! :love: I was so happy that he has won the event, he really really deserved it. And he beat his PB by so many points :cheer: I'm also happy such good performance from Eladj means we will have very exciting battle between Canadians Men :drama: IIRC they have two spots at Worlds, not sure how many at 4CC though, and I think no one can say which ones will earn the right to compete there yet :)

Here are the amazing programs from NHT:
SP: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37p9f8_elladj-balde-can-short-program-nebelhorn-trophy-2015_sport
FP: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37t9rc_elladj-balde-can-free-skating-nebelhorn-trophy-2015_sport

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I really like Elladj's programs this year too. I noticed he is coached by Bruno Marcotte, & not Jason & Yuka any more...seems like it's working so far. Good luck to him this season.:)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Loving Elladj; :cheer:

Loved him last year too, with the James Brown SP, even though it was a hot mess in some performances. And his MJ exhibition: *that* is how you skate to MJ.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
And his exhibition program, very uptown and very funky. So he expected to be on the podium and to perform in the Gala, eh?

Elladj had a very emotional journey last year which had an important impact on him. His Grandpa would have been very proud of his most recent achievement.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And his exhibition program, very uptown and very funky. So he expected to be on the podium and to perform in the Gala, eh?

Elladj had a very emotional journey last year which had an important impact on him. His Grandpa would have been very proud of his most recent achievement.

Thanks so much for posting this; some of the same choreo as the MJ exhibition, but who cares. I love a performer, and Elladj is a performer! Gotta love the backflip and the strip a la Rudy Galindo and YMCA. But most of all that he lip synched almost the whole song. Bruno Mars should be proud.:cool:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yay! i wanted to post in his fan thread yesterday after his great skate but there wasn't any...

cheers to a canadian who didn't podium in canada but won an international event!!!!!

i feel so sad that there are only two spots for men this year... with patrick and nam... we were all saying it would be tough for let's say Kevin to come back.. but looking at elladj's lovely programs, i feel even worse that two great skaters will stay home...

PS i love his 3A :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
yay! i wanted to post in his fan thread yesterday after his great skate but there wasn't any...

cheers to a canadian who didn't podium in canada but won an international event!!!!!

i feel so sad that there are only two spots for men this year... with patrick and nam... we were all saying it would be tough for let's say Kevin to come back.. but looking at elladj's lovely programs, i feel even worse that two great skaters will stay home...

I am sure Canada will send 3 Men to Worlds 2017.

PS i love his 3A :)

He is landing all his jumps with deep knee bends, so I feel he will land securely, even with imperfect jumps.

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
WOW!! Just loved everything he did at Nebelhorn... Congratulations... Took note of him first last season; hope we see MUCH more on the world stage going forward.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
An IceNetwork interview with Elladj:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/10/06/152425160

Very enlightening as to the financial pressures that lead Elladj to return to Montreal and the reasons to follow Meagan Duhamel's vegan diet. :)

And as Elladj says: "People were reacting in ways that not everybody can make these people react," he said. "I have this gift of connecting with people. I love feeling that."

And *I* love the male skating entertainers. I'm so glad it is working so far for Elladj this year!:cheer:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And because thanks to DorisPulaski I have now found the "meet" or "rencontrez" Canadian skaters' thread,
"Rencontrez Elladj Balde". (in French, but hey, we are an international crowd, right?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Yj8mByDdI

He ends by saying, paraphrasing,his favorite activity is sleep :laugh2: D'accord, Elladj.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Thanks a lot for the link. So nice to know Elladj's got invited to Kings On Ice show. :)
However, :eek: at 1:55... >< So scary, indeed. Was he alright? Please be more careful, Elladj.

He was invited last year as well, but then had to go to Africa instead.