Love and Punishment | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Love and Punishment

Meganda

Medalist
This city is a city not only surrounded by water in every direction, but it's also a city built on hills and narrow curving streets with little or no room to park and butt up against the buildings. Look at the steep hill that Savas climbs to get to his office. I would have a tough time driving in this city, I'd be constantly riding the brake going downhill, it's like San Francisco but with narrower streets. I'm trying to find his office on the map, so far I have that it's a complete up hill climb with a sharp turn to the right going downhill. It overlooks the Fatih .... the 2nd bosphorus bridge, not far from the strait and near one of main power towers (which is at the top of one of the hills, I know I saw that in one of the shots when he leaves his office but help me out as we watch because I don't know where that shot is.) It is not a dead end street, because most shots show cars coming from the bottom of the hill up, but much later on Yasemin comes from her villa from the other direction, so it is not a dead end street.

Meganda

Medalist
This Azra is nothing but a trouble maker in the office with little actual productive work of her own, and jealous of the real work producer - Yasemin. I'm sure you've all worked with someone like she is.

CokGuzel

Final Flight
Lol, that is crazy! I remember thinking...what? You guys recommended this?!

Lol. It's the opposite for me. When I was browsing thru Netflicks , I kept passing up on this show. When I finally decided to watch it, and when I saw the opening scene, I was like... Ooohhh finally a Turkish drama with sex scenes... And here I am , watching this fabulous show over and over.

Meganda

Medalist
Poor Savas. For the past 12 years (basically his adult years) he's been westernized and tradition now means nothing to him, although his family does mean a lot, although he may not realize it yet. Can you imagine having a family tree that you can trace back 1000 years and that the family has now grown to 10000 people! I've been involved with family reunions in the past but we're lucky if we get more than 50 people at them and that's only because my grandfather was 1 of 7 children. Sahnur gives him all the reasons why he needs to participate in the bridal exchange, which by all reason makes sense. Now Savas basically has to give up his life. Later he credits Cicek for giving up her life, but he did also and to a greater degree because he now takes on the responsibility of 10000 people and their traditions. OMG. Overwhelming!

Meganda

Medalist
Brother of bride puts on red ribbon as a symbol of virginity

Ooohhh, thank you. When Yasemin went to Bodrum and into Cem's bar that night, she should have worn a red ribbon around her waist instead of that big belt.

Meganda

Medalist
Lol. It's the opposite for me. When I was browsing thru Netflicks , I kept passing up on this show. When I finally decided to watch it, and when I saw the opening scene, I was like... Ooohhh finally a Turkish drama with sex scenes... And here I am , watching this fabulous show over and over.

We all probably thought that.:laugh:

Meganda

Medalist
Now Yasemin finds out she's fertile Myrtle. That is quite a price to pay for a moment of stupidity in reactionary vengeance against Mehmet's infidelity. And what's the matter with Savas, this isn't his first time around, he should have known better and used some sort of protection. I know he's heard of AIDS and its prevention and he knows how babies are made, he couldn't have thought she was on the pill - she was a Virgin! Oohh Savas - hopefully he doesn't have babies that he doesn't know about all over the world.

Meganda

Medalist
All of that was in the turkish airing of one episode which takes up 2 in Netflix. It was crammed packed full of everything and covered all lot of territory.

Meganda

Medalist
Hey Denner, we now find out that Leyla lives not far from Cem's place in Bodrum and it's near Bitez. Pay attention now at the surroundings of her home in the next few episodes and also what's at each end of her street to help find her house in Bodrum.

LoveShura

On the Ice
Just an idea, have any of you gone to any Turkish restaurants in your area?! I'd have to go to Seattle, but I'm ready! The coffee and tea and good food!

Meganda

Medalist
Watching the scenes with Cicek, Ahmet, and Sahnur are devastating. Previously I had a feeling that Cicek got away with a lot because she was able to maneuver her mother and sure enough Ahmet says in NE 3 that it's all her mother's fault. Somehow her mother was able to convince Ahmet to let her go to school. Sahnur was not as pliable with breaking those traditions with Nazan. When Sahnur talks with Cicek, you know that she comes from a place of knowing these things by experience. She probably had her course of life planned for her without love being considered.

But Ahmet treats his daughter like an animal and Sahnur doesn't seem to blink an eye at it.

Meganda

Medalist
Now Yasemin and her mom are discussing chastity. I hadn't caught this before but Yasemin says to her mom, why is chastity only a problem for women? I didn't sleep with him even up to one week before our wedding and then I caught the guy that I was saving myself for cheating on me with another woman. Unfortunately all Leyla can do is degrade Yasemin by saying she's lost all self esteem.