Team KoRo 7K (Kori Ade & Rohene Ward) | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Team KoRo 7K (Kori Ade & Rohene Ward)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And team Ko Ro is back just in time to celebrate Jason getting into the GPF...Kori has had World and Olympic skaters, but is this the first time she has had anyone compete at the GPF?

Is it just my device viewing the thread, or did we lose the posts between the OP and the “restoration” from this thread? I know they’re in the Ethernet somewhere, because I got quote messages on a bunch of them:biggrin: Not that it matters or that I think anyone is dying to view them, just curious.:confused:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have no idea how that happened, but I have copied the rest of the thread back in.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FWIW re Tomoki (in response to the Dec 2 posts above, which I copied from the Team KoRo fan thread):

Tomoki was one of the skaters posing with Christy Krall in a recent photo from Larkyn Austman:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc8ynLBjGTb/?taken-by=larkynaustman (posted Dec 20) [swipe/scroll to last image]​

The photo shows Tomoki, Larkyn, Alex Wellman, and Angela Wang posing with Christy at the World Arena Ice Hall.

(I don't know whether or not Tomoki has trained with Christy at the same time that he was a 7k skater??)​

Cross-posting the link provided by @icecoverage from the US Men's thread, it appears confirmed that Tomoki is now training with Christy Krall at World Arena. I do not believe that Tomoki has ever "cross-trained" with Christy, so I believe this is a move *from* 7k.

And, while on the subject of 7k alumni, Yoonmi Lehmann took silver at the Swiss National Championships. Her IG has congratulatory messages from 7k friends, so it appears as though her leaving 7k was not due to any issues with her experience there; for example, she says in response to Tiffany Dombeck's congratulations "Thank you Tiffany!! Miss you guys all so much ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc1pILCDFfi/?taken-by=yoonmilehmann

Congrats, Yoonmi!:clap:

mintx

On the Ice
What's going on at 7K? There have been some very vague comments on Jason threads about issues and Jason looking and a new Instagram account for 7K. People have written that it's more than Jason needing a change but no one has said what's happened. Can anyone explain more clearly? I'm so confused. :scratch2::noshake:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What's going on at 7K? There have been some very vague comments on Jason threads about issues and Jason looking and a new Instagram account for 7K. People have written that it's more than Jason needing a change but no one has said what's happened. Can anyone explain more clearly? I'm so confused. :scratch2::noshake:

We are all confused and no one knows. :biggrin: or at least no one who has posted yet.

Doug does have a new IG account, which says “7K” as a descriptor under this name. It is not a “7k” account as such and in fact last I saw posted photos of a family vacation.

The rest is, as I am sure you know, reporting from TSL twitter (and I don’t like TSL, but they were right about Tomoki leaving), and folks reporting on what folks have said on other boards.

And of course Jason in California, but he has trained in Desert Springs and California over the years.

I do hope we get confirmation of something, soon, just because I like certainty.:)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
We are all confused and no one knows. :biggrin: or at least no one who has posted yet. ...

Agree. :agree:

... Doug does have a new IG account, which says “7K” as a descriptor under this name. It is not a “7k” account as such and in fact last I saw posted photos of a family vacation. ...

Doug's personal Instagram account -- at least as of now -- does not have 7k as a descriptor under his name.
(Other than his name, it has no descriptor at all. Maybe 7k was there before and more recently has been taken out? I have no memory either way from when I previously looked at his account some days ago.)

On Doug's personal Instagram account, the first post (from Jan 26) happens to have a locator of "7k International Skating Academy." It shows someone's skating boot (presumably his?).
(The family vacation photos understandably do not have the 7k locator.)

(FWIW, the profile on Doug's Twitter account [started 2013 Jun] does not mention 7k. I cannot be sure, but when I have previously looked at his Twitter account in past months/years, I do not think his Twitter profile ever had a mention of 7k. [And further back, I do not think that it ever had a mention of his previous professional home, which was Ice Den in Arizona.] But I cannot be sure.)

None of which adds up to any grand conclusion one way or the other about anything, of course.

Other Ladret-related bits re Instagram, if anyone cares:

The account for "7kladrets" has zero posts.
I do not know when the account was started.
I do know that some people have had Instagram accounts for months/years with no intention of ever posting anything. (They use the account to see Instagram stories, to "like" posts, to make it possible for others to tag them in posts, etc. [Maybe also to communicate with others via comments and DMs?] But not to add posts of their own.)

Doug's wife -- who also is a 7k coach -- has had a private Instagram account for years.
Her descriptor is "Skating Coach." No mention of 7k.​

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^
@icecoverage, thank you for the information:agree: you are right, what I saw was the locator on Doug Ladret’s first IG post, it was not “7K” below his name. And I did see that Lara has had a private account.

Also I had not seen the ”7Kladrets” account. I did look, and it appears to have the usual 7K folks as following/followers (Ben J., Jordan, Kori, Rohene, the novice and intermdiate skaters) but not Jason. Which of course *means nothing*, just that my curiosity led me to look.

And I remember Vincent Restencourt’s “handle” was something like 7K Vincent when he was there and of course he was not taking over the operation:)

Ross74

Medalist
The account for "7kladrets" has zero posts.
I do not know when the account was started.

This is the account I was talking about, and I'm the one who posted about it on FSU originally. Different user name. I first noticed it sometime in January or early February when several people associated with the rink started following it on the same day, so I assumed it was new.

Sk8Coach

Spectator
What is the drama all about at 7K? People seem to avert their eyes and change the subject these days. Does anyone know what problems they are facing? Money? Rink closure? Kori seeking other opportunities? Athletes not happy?

What's the scoop??

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What is the drama all about at 7K? People seem to avert their eyes and change the subject these days. Does anyone know what problems they are facing? Money? Rink closure? Kori seeking other opportunities? Athletes not happy?

What's the scoop??

Hi sk8Coach and welcome to the 7k "FanFest" thread. :)The FanFest is a place where we usually keep the focus positive when talking about the subject of the thread.

I don't know that any of us are "averting our eyes" or "changing the subject", but we simply don't know. We have heard (or at least, that is where I first heard it) from the TSL Twitter feed that Jason is "trying" other coaches. The derogatory manner in which TSL has addressed 7K certainly has no place in the Fan Fest, so I won't address any thing else said in that thread here.

AFAIK, we have no confirmation from Jason or Kori, nor would I expect there to be until or unless Jason actually moves to another coach. Also, until a change in the structure in 7K is announced, we won't know for sure. Once we do know, I'm sure it will be posted here.;)

ETA: For more general discussions without the "Fan Fest" focus, there is a thread on Jason and Kori in the "Edge" section of the forum.

Sk8Coach

Spectator
Thanks! I've researched their program and watched a lot of videos on Kori, her teaching, and how she manages. I love it and I love her history on how she got to the place she is now. She amazes me and she has done extremely well for herself.

Ok-so a fan fest focus is basically fans, not coaches, correct?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks! I've researched their program and watched a lot of videos on Kori, her teaching, and how she manages. I love it and I love her history on how she got to the place she is now. She amazes me and she has done extremely well for herself.

Ok-so a fan fest focus is basically fans, not coaches, correct?

Glad to hear about your research on Kori.

No, the focus of the fan fest is the subject, for example in this Fan Fest, it is 7K. It's just that Fan Fests tend to be positive. I think (although I haven't read the guidelines recently:eek::) that they are described as a place to "gush". I think of them as "safe spaces", where we won't feel that our "faves" will be attacked. By the same token, we don't put down others. I hope this makes sense:)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Do we know who is going with her? Courtney just moved to CO and seems to love it. Is she going to stay with the Doug?

DinkyD

Rinkside
Don't know that yet. I would assume Courtney will go since she did move to Monument for Kori. Will keep ya'll posted as it unfolds:)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Confirmed....Kori and Emily are relocating to Nashville in a couple of months.

Thank you DinkyD for the confirmation and the update!

I understand you may not know, or be at liberty to say, but will Heather move with Millie and Kori? Does Ro stay headquartered at 7k or just work where his skates take him:). Will Skating with the Ladrets stay in Monument?

So many questions, I know :biggrin:

DinkyD

Rinkside
I was told Heather is not going to Nashville. I don't believe Rohene has been at Monument for quite a while. I believe the Ladrets will remain there.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What about Laurine, do you know if she'll relocate with Kori? I hope she'll be able to, she's had to change coaches too many times in the past.

DinkyD

Rinkside
Don't know about Laurine. I would guess the same as Courtney. I would think skaters that already have relocated for a specific coach would continue to follow that coach to a new location. I guess we'll know soon!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Don't know about Laurine. I would guess the same as Courtney. I would think skaters that already have relocated for a specific coach would continue to follow that coach to a new location. I guess we'll know soon!

Thanks. Fingers crossed for her then!