2018 Worlds Mens Short Program

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Keiji TANAKA (JPN)
Memories
in black v-neck shirt with sparkles, lace shoulder and metallic panel, black pants

Which Tanaka will show up...
4S<
3F-3T
FCSp
CSSp
2A oops
StSq
CCoSp

Mostly-good Tanaka showed up tonight!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Great commitment in the StSq by Tanaka - I just wish he brought it to the rest of the program. He also really needs to improve his spins. That 2A hurts, but the rest of the program was solid, and keeps Japan alive for 3 spots.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
A passable performance from Tanaka. It won't score high with the 2A instead of the 3A but a well-landed 4S to open. Plus a smooth and unfettered 3F+3T. The program doesn't do a lot for me, not a lot of highs or lows but that's mainly due to the music.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Keiji TANAKA (JPN)
Memories
in black v-neck shirt with sparkles, lace shoulder and metallic panel, black pants

Which Tanaka will show up...
4S<
3F-3T
FCSp
CSSp
2A oops
StSq
CCoSp

Mostly-good Tanaka showed up tonight!

I thought his 4S was fully rotated.

Sackie

Medalist
That's really not possible in a system where they try to assign a value to every possible element. You have to go to general impression scoring, and the ISU apparently decided that was too subjective, I guess unlike the system now where no one debates the results ever :drama:

Unfortunately we are in a time in skating where PCS is tied into the number of Quads one can do. Just look at Zhou and Chen. Their PCS keeps to climb with every new Quad they do.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
You need to watch Strictly Ballroom and learn all about the dangers of these crowd pleasing steps!

Strictly Ballroom >>>>>>>>>>> Moulin Rouge

Right. They aren't always easy peasy which is precisely why they should be valued more. It's a big pet peeve of mine with IJS.

gerorin

On the Ice
Whyy do we keep getting this music for the Japanese skaters? Are the staffs trolling?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It looked like the axel was too close to the boards so he popped out a double instead. And another balance check in the step sequence. But I loved Tanaka's passion. He really gave it his all.