2018 Worlds Mens Short Program | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Mens Short Program

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I love love love Misha's DRAMAHANDS

Really? I find it a bit on the pretentious side. It's a bit too I Am A Serious ARTISTE for me---and I love Misha. I just miss the goofball Misha of days gone by. I hope he brings BOTH sides of his skating personality to his future choreography.

On the other hand, the multidirectional camel spins were first rate. And he didn't drop his back on the catch foot either. Take that Uncle Dick!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There are some skaters that make me gasp and plenty that make me applaud, but very few that make me sit there with tears dripping down my cheeks, and Misha belongs to the latter category. You just get the sense that he leaves everything out on the ice, and that kind of artistry is so emotionally costly. It makes it even more valuable.

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
The quivery hand thing Misha does at the beginning of this program got me thinking: has anyone ever skated to theramin music?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
*regains balance after all the rolling stops* Oh, I missed that! Wonderful! I’ll have to find a video ASAP. I just saw the Canadian flag as the first one in the placements that didn’t have a Q beside it and died a little.

Haha, well he might even make the final flight!!! *fingers crossed*

gerorin

On the Ice
Misha's lovely. I think this was better than his Olympic skate, which was honestly way too overwrought (even by Misha Ge standards, lol). But this was a lot more simple, poignant, and beautifully skated. A worthy farewell SP, and I know he can do it again for the FS tomorrow.

I agree, but I'm in tears right now and wasn't at the Olympics so I might be biased

Roast Toast

Medalist
Misha has delivered all season. He can retire happy with this kind of performance -- I think he pushed his skating as far as it can possibly go.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I really hope Misha will go on as a choreographer. And maybe as a choreography/presentation coach as well. He has a much better feel than the others about how to bring the programs to life on the ice.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Right. I'm off to sleep. I'll see you all at 5am for Katia/Harley. :bed: :bed: :bed: :bed: