2018 Worlds Free Dance | Page 53 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Free Dance

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
As opposed to "the" perfect dance couple:sarcasm: . Since when are the OG the alpha and Omega of judging? :laugh2:
Whatever you might think about the marks given in Milan (and you are surely entitled to your opinion!), your post on G/G sounds more like a rant than real appreciation. And let's keep it real ... nobody is/was ever perfect, not even your favorites! G/G's SD was very good, earned great marks like others did in the OG. The rest is question of taste.
Papadakis-Cizeron are a UNIT, they create magic TOGETHER. Gaby is as exceptional as Guillaume. She is just not your typical leading lady hogging the limelight. She is subtle and so light, she literally floats.
I can appreciate other skaters with very different skills. Please give all the nastiness of the past seasons a rest!

I know this is pointless no matter what I say gets twisted or is seen as an attack. Well I never meant to include V and M in any talk here because they are NOT relevant in respect to worlds. In respect to the Olympics what I meant was that they were not that clear the best skaters P/C v. V/M - it was tight between the two and the scores show that.

But my comments were never to attack P/C they earned the gold here but I just keep on getting picked on. I just wanted to say that t here was no ill well meant to anyone - skaters or posters.

peepsquick

Final Flight
I know this is pointless no matter what I say gets twisted or is seen as an attack. Well I never meant to include V and M in any talk here because they are NOT relevant in respect to worlds. In respect to the Olympics what I meant was that they were not that clear the best skaters P/C v. V/M - it was tight between the two and the scores show that.

But my comments were never to attack P/C they earned the gold here but I just keep on getting picked on. I just wanted to say that t here was no ill well meant to anyone - skaters or posters.

Dear Skater Boy, I'll make amends and apologize for interpreting your words wrongly. Please, move on ...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think there has just been such a long history of P/C and V/M fans fighting with each other that any comparisons can ignite conflict and tension. Probably best to talk about P/C without talking about V/M and visa versa unless you want to have that debate.

And if you want to have that debate I suggest The Edge. The Edge is the best place for this kind of debate. If V/M completed here then it would be on topic. Otherwise it is not.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I think there has just been such a long history of P/C and V/M fans fighting with each other that any comparisons can ignite conflict and tension. Probably best to talk about P/C without talking about V/M and visa versa unless you want to have that debate.

And if you want to have that debate I suggest The Edge. The Edge is the best place for this kind of debate. If V/M completed here then it would be on topic. Otherwise it is not.

I don't even want to have this debate in The Edge. I suggest to have a Cat vs Dog debate instead. Although that might be worse. :eek:topic:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I don't even want to have this debate in The Edge. I suggest to have a Cat vs Dog debate instead. Although that might be worse. :eek:topic:

Having had 7 dogs and more than 12 cats I would say GERMAN SHEPHERDS. They are kind of there own category of animal. Also.. Cockatoos. You really haven't experienced pet ownership until you have had a large exotic bird.

Marsala

Match Penalty

Being angry on scores of Papadakis/cizeron, and the fact that they beat v/m score proves that you know that they could win in Olys rigth?So telling me that they deservedly won was an irony?Knowing that you realize what they re able to, having clean chances like everyone else, and not being like you say sloppy? YOu see that yourself,ok

If such "fan" of skating like one here would admitt that dress issue affected the score, it would be nice. But no, better pm people that canadians winning was well (???)deserved.

Thats because P.c were true and clean winners at Worlds doesnt mean they couldnt win at Olys with V/M. Because v/m are bigger rivals then H/D or W/P. Whats the point? what the point of telling that there were tighs results? like S.B says here , in korea v/M were not CLEAR the best skaters like P/c in Milan right? And so what?that changes anything?So P.c couldnt won because of that? We know that W/p or H/D are not V/M. But P.c were ready to beat them , lile in milano everyone elses...
They could win Olys when with equal chances,like in milano, no dress problems . Doesnt matter how much over v/m they could be. They proved it in ITaly that they re able to have big scores. deserved or not, it is not your problem..
Thats not about having favourities , It is about fairy winnings. Why some have problems with admitting that?

P.c proved that v/m win was coincidence , nothing else. How they feel right now? Somebody knows?What they say?

Jedi

On the Ice
To be clear my comments had nothing to do with V and M, again and again, they weren't even at worlds. I really loved the fans celebrating C/L at the end of the free dance (and gala too). I also sensed a huge relief from Hubbell and Donahoe - I am not sure exactly why - it is like they knew it was now or never? Now all the top American teams have world medals - yay!!! Shib sibs, Chock and Bates and H and D.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I meant the 2013-2014 season, before they start training with Dubreuil and Lauzon. The Mozart program was in the 2014-2015 season. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing them. But you can't deny how much they improved after moving to Gadbois. They are not naturally talented, but they were smart in deciding to work with different coaches who were able to help them improve and choose a style that showcases their strenghts. What I mean is with some hard work, maybe a few changes and a little bit of luck, any team could get there.

I think they are very talented but not yet very polished, which is why they have risen so meteorically. In the lyrical pieces when they do the same movement together, it's amazing. When they have to do a short dance, it's usually something of a mess. The talent is very much there, they are just not yet as versatile, polished or as good at performing for the audience as some other teams are. They can really do exceptionally well that one style only.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
So now we know who is true gold olympic medalist. Some people should really thank God for that what happened in February.
How long lasted that "amazing" sp record and overall one? If seriously people believe that they werent able get such score at Olys , I d lauth at them. Over 63 for them was enough/They were prepared in february already/

I knew from his/her first post that this poster is a troll. That's why I didn't bother responding :disapp:. This poster is probably the same P/C uber troll under the username "DianaSwitz" who got banned back in February. Don't feed these trolls...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Having had 7 dogs and more than 12 cats I would say GERMAN SHEPHERDS. They are kind of there own category of animal. Also.. Cockatoos. You really haven't experienced pet ownership until you have had a large exotic bird.

This is totally :eek:topic: but I had to chime in to say I LOVE German Shepherds. My aunt always had them and if they know you and like you they are the fiercest, most loyal dog you can have.

Ok, carry on. :)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
This is totally :eek:topic: but I had to chime in to say I LOVE German Shepherds. My aunt always had them and if they know you and like you they are the fiercest, most loyal dog you can have.

Ok, carry on. :)

:eek:topic: Mine was a big love muffin to his 4 favourite people. Everyone else was highly suspect.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
:eek:topic: Mine was a big love muffin to his 4 favourite people. Everyone else was highly suspect.

Right. They have to like you, otherwise...you need to run for the hills as fast as you can. Or you can try. Those GS will hunt you down...

:scard7:

Mwahahahahahaha!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Right. They have to like you, otherwise...you need to run for the hills as fast as you can. Or you can try. Those GS will hunt you down...

:scard7:

Mwahahahahahaha!

In the off season I will track down more Eli pictures and put them up in the cafe thread on animals. He was an adorable puppy. I had never had a puppy before.

Now I shall stop because I am derailing the thread with dog thoughts.

BTW..if you like dogs you should follow weratedogs on twitter.

LandShark

Rinkside
Regrets? I have a few. But then again , too few to mention........

Well , OK then , here's one. [Just can't help myself.]

Muramoto /Reed. Lovely programme. Looks to me like a fair improvement in the skating skills , and this partnership works well.

Really liked the Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence theme and the music score is beautiful , but on the Forbidden Colours section , I wish somebody on the team had tried it with the David Sylvian vocals. Sylvian's moody , melancholic baritone would have added a real depth and relective contrast to all the pretty-prettiness around it. It would have sounded amazing and given another level of mood to their performance.

Maybe they did? Maybe they felt it didn't work? But , wow , it would have sounded amazing coming through a great sound system in an arena.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I was in Milan and saw both the short and free so I just wanted to share my thoughts. I must say I was surprised at how great some couples were watching them live as opposed to TV.

Guinard/Fabri have great chemistry together - I enjoyed them so much more than I have watching them on TV. I personally think the judges should be giving them higher marks. They looked so strong on the ice.

Same goes for the Polish couple. I really enjoyed both their performances but I’ve never rated them on TV.

As for the top 6 I think the placements were definitely right. For me, H/D have such great chemistry together - there is SO much emotion in their performances. They really create a moment every with their performances and invite you into their world. I am really excited to see how they get on in the next few years.

C/L were great and it was emotional seeing the reception they got from the audience, but W/P def deserved bronze over them. This program from C/L is much less complex than the other top teams and the other programs they have done in the past.

I was SO excited to see P/C as I expected them to create a “moment” and of course they were amazing but they didn’t quite put a spell on me like I had expected. Perhaps it’s because I preferred their Mozart and to build a home programs over MS. I didn’t find that it drew me in as much as I expected it to. Also, it is very apparent in the flesh that Guillaume is a much stronger skater than Gabby. I know ppl have said it before but I never thought it was that apparent on TV, but even my French friend who was with me and is newish to watching FS noticed it right away. Gabby is still very good - it’s just that she is dancing with the best male ice dancer ever, so of course it will be hard to match that level. He really is something else - magnifique really. Gabby has great energy though and really complements his assuredness and softness. They are really cute together.

I also agree that they were a tiny bit over marked - especially in the short dance. That still doesn’t take away anything from them as they are beautiful to watch.

I was very pleased for W/P as they skated really well after some slip ups in the past. Same for C/B - however, although I loved their Imagine program all year long, even though I know a lot of ppl haven’t, I have to say it didn’t capture me the way I expected it to, it kind of ran out of steam but I can’t quite put my finger on why.

My favourite moment was watching the love and camaraderie between the three teams on the podium during the medal ceremony. They were all SO excited with their wins and it really was like a redemption of sorts for all of them after recent and not so recent disappointments over the past few years. It was really cute to see.

It was a great competition as most everyone skated their best. Shame about the freak slip for H/B in the short but their free really moved the audience. They will be ones to watch. Z/G, S/B and S/F all great too so it will be exciting to see what they produce in the future. Oh and Kana and Chris! They really pulled me in with their performances.

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to share as it was a really different experience watching the performances in person after watching them on TV since I was a little girl!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
IT'S HERE!!
:dance3: THE FREE DANCE :dance3:

GS Together! :ghug:

Over the last few days we've had 2,000+ members check out the competition threads. If every person who browsed the Golden Skate Forums during the World Figure Skating Championships donated $1 or more, we would reach our goal. If you've hesitated because of expense, consider donating just a small amount.

We are strong as a forum because of YOU. Help GS remain a vibrant place for figure skating discussions and reach that campaign goal TOGETHER.

Donate today.

And a huge :thank: THANK YOU :thank: to our GS Supporters! Learn more about that here -- there are perks! :)

Excellent idea! I paid for myself and 9 friends!

LandShark

Rinkside
I was in Milan and saw both the short and free so I just wanted to share my thoughts. I must say I was surprised at how great some couples were watching them live as opposed to TV.

Guinard/Fabri have great chemistry together - I enjoyed them so much more than I have watching them on TV. I personally think the judges should be giving them higher marks. They looked so strong on the ice.

Same goes for the Polish couple. I really enjoyed both their performances but I’ve never rated them on TV.

As for the top 6 I think the placements were definitely right. For me, H/D have such great chemistry together - there is SO much emotion in their performances. They really create a moment every with their performances and invite you into their world. I am really excited to see how they get on in the next few years.

C/L were great and it was emotional seeing the reception they got from the audience, but W/P def deserved bronze over them. This program from C/L is much less complex than the other top teams and the other programs they have done in the past.

I was SO excited to see P/C as I expected them to create a “moment” and of course they were amazing but they didn’t quite put a spell on me like I had expected. Perhaps it’s because I preferred their Mozart and to build a home programs over MS. I didn’t find that it drew me in as much as I expected it to. Also, it is very apparent in the flesh that Guillaume is a much stronger skater than Gabby. I know ppl have said it before but I never thought it was that apparent on TV, but even my French friend who was with me and is newish to watching FS noticed it right away. Gabby is still very good - it’s just that she is dancing with the best male ice dancer ever, so of course it will be hard to match that level. He really is something else - magnifique really. Gabby has great energy though and really complements his assuredness and softness. They are really cute together.

I also agree that they were a tiny bit over marked - especially in the short dance. That still doesn’t take away anything from them as they are beautiful to watch.

I was very pleased for W/P as they skated really well after some slip ups in the past. Same for C/B - however, although I loved their Imagine program all year long, even though I know a lot of ppl haven’t, I have to say it didn’t capture me the way I expected it to, it kind of ran out of steam but I can’t quite put my finger on why.

My favourite moment was watching the love and camaraderie between the three teams on the podium during the medal ceremony. They were all SO excited with their wins and it really was like a redemption of sorts for all of them after recent and not so recent disappointments over the past few years. It was really cute to see.

It was a great competition as most everyone skated their best. Shame about the freak slip for H/B in the short but their free really moved the audience. They will be ones to watch. Z/G, S/B and S/F all great too so it will be exciting to see what they produce in the future. Oh and Kana and Chris! They really pulled me in with their performances.

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to share as it was a really different experience watching the performances in person after watching them on TV since I was a little girl!

Please don't apologise for a long post! !

Really enjoyed reading your feedback from seeing the skaters live . I like your enthusiasm from the competition and, like you, I always rate Guignard / Fabri.