Virtue & Moir’s Rock the Rink tour announced | Golden Skate

Virtue & Moir’s Rock the Rink tour announced

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Various dates are TBD, but as previously announced it includes a few American tour stops, e.g., Cleveland.

With the American dates I was wondering if the show would add a lot of American castmembers, but the only one on the main list is Jeremy Abbott.

However, if you’re a North American fan of Italian skaters, this is the tour for you, as Tessa and Scott recruited Anna Cappellini, Luca Lanotte, and Carolina Kostner (who I guess isn’t doing the Grand Prix this fall). I guess that puts Tessa’s recent trip to Italy in a different light.

Also, of course, Kaetlyn (I think it’s safe to call her retired now), Patrick, and Elvis, but no Meagan and Eric.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... but no Meagan and Eric.

Lest anyone wonder: per Meagan, she has a schedule conflict.

Someone asked on the RTR Instagram, "Why no Meghan and Eric? ��" Meagan replied, "Scheduling conflict. But the tour seems amazing never the less!!"​

(I have copied the comments verbatim. Such as the misspelling of Meagan as Meghan. And "never the less" appears as three words in Meagan's comment.)

ETA:

Meagan's tweet (which ends with a smiling emoji):

For those asking, I am not doing @rocktherinktour due to scheduling conflicts. The tour looks great though, so make sure to check it out! More on my upcoming schedule in the next few weeks

LOL, I am very curious about those TBD stops. :popcorn:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
If there's Italy date (or an European date for that matter), then well hell - I hope to be there! One of my biggest skating regrets is to not see live Virtue/Moir and Patrick Chan, would be great to make it happen

andromache

Record Breaker
Right??? I'm moving there in the summer and am going to buy tickets for sure!!

Totally unrelated but welcome to Cleveland! It gets a bad rap but the cost of living is super affordable and we don't have major traffic issues. I love this city. (Just wish we got more ice shows!)

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
If there's Italy date (or an European date for that matter), then well hell - I hope to be there! One of my biggest skating regrets is to not see live Virtue/Moir and Patrick Chan, would be great to make it happen

I am prayyyyying for them to do a show in Europe somewhere because that's so much of an easier (and cheaper) trip than trying to get to Canada!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Totally unrelated but welcome to Cleveland! It gets a bad rap but the cost of living is super affordable and we don't have major traffic issues. I love this city. (Just wish we got more ice shows!)

Thank you! I'm very much looking forward to living there. :)

Roast Toast

Medalist
Had Weapo already confirmed they were competing next season? I assume this means that they will.

Caro and C/L are some of my favorite show skaters, they will be great additions. I'm looking forward to the eventual broadcast :)

aml78

Rinkside
Had Weapo already confirmed they were competing next season? I assume this means that they will.

Caro and C/L are some of my favorite show skaters, they will be great additions. I'm looking forward to the eventual broadcast :)

I think it was either stated or implied that they wanted to skate (potentially end their career?) at worlds in Canada next season. I think we will see them competing next season, unless they changed their minds.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Various dates are TBD, but as previously announced it includes a few American tour stops, e.g., Cleveland.

With the American dates I was wondering if the show would add a lot of American castmembers, but the only one on the main list is Jeremy Abbott.

However, if you’re a North American fan of Italian skaters, this is the tour for you, as Tessa and Scott recruited Anna Cappellini, Luca Lanotte, and Carolina Kostner (who I guess isn’t doing the Grand Prix this fall). I guess that puts Tessa’s recent trip to Italy in a different light.

Also, of course, Kaetlyn (I think it’s safe to call her retired now), Patrick, and Elvis, but no Meagan and Eric.

Is Kaetlyn wanting to return to competing for Montreal worlds?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think aml78 is correct. I think Weapo will be focusing on winning a medal at worlds in Montreal and so know that they need to do the GP season.

aml78

Rinkside
Is Kaetlyn wanting to return to competing for Montreal worlds?

That’s the million dollar question. But given she sat out this season, and doing this tour would prevent her from competing in the Grand Prix, all signs point towards retirement.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Didn't Skate Canada add that rule thing where you can only be the national team if you skate the whole season? I don't think Kaetlyn is coming back.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
OMG Kaetlyn has reitred? Colonel Green. Forget Cleveland this is "exciting" in maybe a bad way.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

i spent a whole lot of money to see patrick and vm compete... and i will never regret it. .... they are truly the most exciting and best skaters i have seen.