Is this the greatest Commercial in the history of the sport? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Is this the greatest Commercial in the history of the sport?

Rashela

On the Ice
Or Guillaume Cizeron :biggrin:
But if they are going for a sense of humour, it's right on :laugh::luv17:

Yeah, sure. :agree:
I was just thinking since Mizuno announced their cooperation, they should do a commercial with him like the one SNL did for Nike leggings (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU55auqDD28).
I can totally imagine Shoma saying these during commercial: "You can be an Olympic level athlete or a pro gamer living with his parents, these Mizuno sweatpants would help you to reach better results, or you can just comfortably sleep and eat while wearing them."

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Yeah, sure. :agree:
I was just thinking since Mizuno announced their cooperation, they should do a commercial with him like the one SNL did for Nike leggings (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU55auqDD28).
I can totally imagine Shoma saying these during commercial: "You can be an Olympic level athlete or a pro gamer living with his parents, these Mizuno sweatpants would help you to reach better results, or you can just comfortably sleep and eat while wearing them."

:rofl::laugh2: OMG that Pro Chill Legging by SNL is hilarious!!! (and incredibly realistic at the same time :biggrin: ) Yeah I totally agree with you, in Japanese slang the way he so intensely sleeps is (somewhat ironically) called "explosive repose", he can advertise his apparel to rock his explosive repose :laugh2:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Actually, I'm still trying to figure out the Javi commercials!

All I know is that they were for charity and that he is one of the few who could manage to keep his dignity even wearing that lot.... :love:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Especially the hydroblade where his lips touch - sorry, this could be getting a tad too, umm.... :luv17:

Let's stick to Shoma's teeny tiny needle sharp blades. I wonder if they would make a good acupuncture alternative?

more like a shaving alternative :laugh: one thing is sure, japanese always have the funniest commercials (or sometimes those who live you with a what-the-f face :laugh:.)

speaking of funny commercials and innuendos of some sort... sloggi commercial (underwear)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1tdwz-QIHk

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
more like a shaving alternative :laugh: one thing is sure, japanese always have the funniest commercials (or sometimes those who live you with a what-the-f face :laugh:.)

This is absolutely one of the things about watching Fantasy on Ice and other Japanese ice shows streamed - one minute we are sighing over our beautiful heroes and the next going "what the?????????" over the commercials. The evil twin inside my head, however, is learning to love even the one that make Nobu's egg look sane and sensible....

Lambari

Final Flight
Actually, I'm still trying to figure out the Javi commercials!

Chicken: My god.. Here I am, Javier Fernandez the skater. Disguised as a Guinea chicken to announce the latest phone from Huawei. I don't know what this phone has, but I understand that it must be very good if they're paying me to do this. Why would I need it? A two time world champion, with all the prestige I have in the figure skating world. The truth is that there's a clear reason for this. To help kids with cancer because if you buy the new Huawei smart plus we'll help the research against this disease. Wouldn't you disguise yourself for example as a brown rat from Madagascar if you could help them? (CUT!) (staff hands him another costume) "What? Now it's a platypus?" Text: Things aren't what they seem to be

Platypus: Hello, here I am again. Javier Fernandez, the skater. You already figured it out. I'm disguised as a platypus. Oh, you don't know what is a platypus? It doesn't matter, what does is that you'll wait till I talk about the features of the Huawei smart plus. It has the most amazing feature ever seen in a phone. With it you could help the research against childhood cancer. (CUT!) (staff hands him another costume) Now it's a Yeti crab?? Staff: GOOD JOB! J: Now it's a Yeti crab! Text: Things aren't what they seem to be

Crab: To win two times the world championship of figure skating is priceless but to skate dressed as a Yeti crab does have a price. I'll tell you in a moment that yes it does. If it didn't I wouldn't be doing it, I assure you. For example, if they asked me to disguise as a mandarin fish to help the fight against childhood cancer, well, I would do it. This is my price because now If you buy the new Huwei Smart plus besides saving money you'll help these kids. (CUT!) (staff hands him another costume) "Is this a mandarin fish!? This is a mandarin fish! " Text: Things aren't what they seem to be

Camel: Here I am... Once again. Javier Fernandez, the skater. Working tirelessly disguised as a camel together with my two indescribable friends. Now you'll say: Why are you disguised as a camel if it isn't Christmas? Good assesment, I don't know either. What's important is that because I'm dressed like this, maybe you'll pay attention and decide to buy the new Huwei Smart plus because if you do you'll help the research for childhood cancer and you'll fill these kids' faces with enthusiasm. For one of these smiles I would keep disguising myself if necessary. (CUT!) "I don't know! If you want I'll dress up as Rudolf the Reindeer!" Staff: YES! Text: Things aren't what they seem to be.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
As a skater myself, I'm going to have to vote for Javi because of how hard those costumes look to skate it!

Oh dear, I apologize for arriving in this thread as late as I did. It’s very evident you’re all begging for a visit from my trusty garden hose.

*Makes sure water temperature is near-freezing; sprays everyone down*

I'll take some of that freezing water just because it's too hot. :laugh:

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Chicken: My god.. Here I am, Javier Fernandez the skater. Disguised as a Guinea chicken to announce the latest phone from Huawei. I don't know what this phone has, but I understand that it must be very good if they're paying me to do this. Why would I need it? A two time world champion, with all the prestige I have in the figure skating world. The truth is that there's a clear reason for this. To help kids with cancer because if you buy the new Huawei smart plus we'll help the research against this disease. Wouldn't you disguise yourself for example as a brown rat from Madagascar if you could help them? (CUT!) (staff hands him another costume) "What? Now it's a platypus?" Text: Things aren't what they seem to be

Platypus: Hello, here I am again. Javier Fernandez, the skater. You already figured it out. I'm disguised as a platypus. Oh, you don't know what is a platypus? It doesn't matter, what does is that you'll wait till I talk about the features of the Huawei smart plus. It has the most amazing feature ever seen in a phone. With it you could help the research against childhood cancer. (CUT!) (staff hands him another costume) Now it's a Yeti crab?? Staff: GOOD JOB! J: Now it's a Yeti crab! Text: Things aren't what they seem to be

Crab: To win two times the world championship of figure skating is priceless but to skate dressed as a Yeti crab does have a price. I'll tell you in a moment that yes it does. If it didn't I wouldn't be doing it, I assure you. For example, if they asked me to disguise as a mandarin fish to help the fight against childhood cancer, well, I would do it. This is my price because now If you buy the new Huwei Smart plus besides saving money you'll help these kids. (CUT!) (staff hands him another costume) "Is this a mandarin fish!? This is a mandarin fish! " Text: Things aren't what they seem to be

Camel: Here I am... Once again. Javier Fernandez, the skater. Working tirelessly disguised as a camel together with my two indescribable friends. Now you'll say: Why are you desguised as a camel if it isn't Christmas? Good assesment, I don't know either. What's important is that because I'm dressed like this, maybe you'll pay attention and decide to buy the new Huwei Smart plus because if you do you'll help the research for childhood cancer and you'll fill these kids' faces with enthusiasm. For one of these smiles I would keep disguising myself if necessary. (CUT!) "I don't know! If you want I'll dress up as Rudolf the Reindeer!" Staff: YES! Text: Things aren't what they seem to be.

Lambari, you are making my summer! I may have to change my vote to Javi now! Thank you!

Mr Cat

Rinkside
I liked the Kwan/Lipinski/Bobek Campbells soup commercial pre-Nagano with the melting ice...

Also Kwan's Kraft salad dressing commercial featuring her pup Tofu

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
--I know Tomas Verner did a really funny commercial in which he did a spin so fast he drilled a hole through the ice. I cannot find it right now and wonder if anyone knows or remembers what he was advertising?

Found it! ;) Here is the first commercial, second commercial and behind the scenes video :biggrin:. The two commercials even have subtitles in English. (it's for internet in mobile phones, the whole advertisement is based on the fact that the term for "free program" in Czech is actually "free ride", and they are saying "the free ride begins" - meaning not only Tomas' free program but also free surfing in the internet in phones ;) )