2020-21 Japanese Men, Pairs And Ice Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Japanese Men, Pairs And Ice Dance

rabidline

Final Flight
Oh, I am hoping this format works! No doubt the organizers are going to be watching Russian test skates like hawks to see if allowing audience is doable or not.

Yep, and I hope Japan Open organizers took notes at how Mao did her ice shows too (limited and targeted audience, spaced out seats). Hopefully everything works out, when I first heard about how Japan Open will still happen I hoped they would turn it into a local-style competition. God knows Japan has enough skaters to make teams competing with each other :laugh:

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Lots of fun updates for the Japanese skaters lately:

- Japan Open 2020 is being held this season- with a twist! Instead of 3 teams of Japan, Europe and North America, only Japanese skaters will compete, I used Google Translate to decipher their tweets but essentially the skaters will be split into two teams of Professional/Amateur/Junior skaters facing against each other. TV Tokyo's tweets also said that they hope to give an opportunity for the skaters to show the programs and for fans to watch them after many ice shows have been cancelled this summer.

I'm really excited for this! :popcorn:

We will also see Misato Komatsubara / Tim Koleto and Akiko Suzuki with the Japan Open skaters at the Carnival on Ice show afterwards.

https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1301822860097277952

Utana Yoshida / Shingo Nishiyama will perform at Dreams on Ice (12-13 Sept), as well as Yuma Kagiyama and others!

https://twitter.com/ifsmagazine/status/1298992605343043584

Kana Muramoto / Daisuke Takahashi will debut their programs at the Western Japan Sectional Championships (30 Oct - 1 Nov)

https://fod.fujitv.co.jp/s/genre/live/ser8161/

sakurano

Final Flight
that it’s too bad I can’t get tickets online to see Utashin , I love their programs especially the SD because it’s a musical that I didn’t know , seeing them skating you can only smile.

I’m glad to see that they’re getting more and more invited we know if they pass senior? Since the JGP are cancelled we will not see them before the nationals?

We will also have the chance to see the new programs of Kana and Daisuke they look promising from what I saw from the teaser ,
and well on team koko , it’s great that the JFS are finally investing in ice dance

mikeko666

Final Flight
that it’s too bad I can’t get tickets online to see Utashin , I love their programs especially the SD because it’s a musical that I didn’t know , seeing them skating you can only smile.

I’m glad to see that they’re getting more and more invited we know if they pass senior? Since the JGP are cancelled we will not see them before the nationals?

UtaShin's first competition will be the Eastern Sectional. Ice Dance's Eastern and Western Sectionals will be held together at the the Western Sectionals (30 Oct - 1 Nov).

We will also have the chance to see the new programs of Kana and Daisuke they look promising from what I saw from the teaser ,
and well on team koko , it’s great that the JFS are finally investing in ice dance

I am not sure if JSF is investing more. Dai is a superstar in Japan, and KanaDai already have several sponsors. It is Fuji TV that has been very enthusiastic and investing more.

sakurano

Final Flight
UtaShin's first competition will be the Eastern Sectional. Ice Dance's Eastern and Western Sectionals will be held together at the the Western Sectionals (30 Oct - 1 Nov).

I am not sure if JSF is investing more. Dai is a superstar in Japan, and KanaDai already have several sponsors. It is Fuji TV that has been very enthusiastic and investing more.

oh thanks for the info it’s already in a month and a half and there are 4 days left before DOI I look forward to .
If I understood fuji tv or another channel decided to broadcast the nationals and the selections is cool I hope we will have videos .

thanks for the details , yes JFS is not the origin of the KANADAI training but I find that there is a progression between not taking into account the ice dance to the point or some pairs we have to find funding elsewhere to be able to train abroad.

Maybe I’m wrong after all I knew muramoto/Reed ,TEAM KOKO , I’ve only enjoyed ice dancing since this year thanks to UtaShin .

I also come back to this year’s national championship in fact there are more than 4 teams

It’s too bad we don’t hear about it I discovered two teams one that skate on Maroon 5 and one on Mulan if I don’t say nonsense

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Yuma's FS music is "the lord of rings" and Shun's is "the battle of kings". Interesting.
With their ambitious layouts sure it will be a battle.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Okay, not gonna lie, I was looking forward to someone skating to LotR music but am lukewarm to Kagiyama as a skater. I hope he can do justice to the music, but last I saw him he had a lot of work to do in the emoting department. Same for Shun. Maybe they'll surprise me.

sakurano

Final Flight
that it is good to see the Japanese ice dance , I liked the programs of utashin with the small changes and rediscover the programs of the koko team
What does Japan have to do to get 3 Spots in OJ 2022? would be great to see all these couples in the best competitions , I also expect the
the entry of the KanaDai team and know the new programs of Fukase/Cho .

For the Men apart from Yuzuru , Kenji , shoma, Sota I did not know the others , Luka made me cry with his SP , Shun I am glad that he is chosen Pirate of the Caribbean , unfortunately I have not seen the other performances but from what I have read They did pretty well except for a couple of failed jumps.

About Kenji Tanaka I have never seen the anime Evangelion but finally someone skates on an anime , anyway he always has original choices I remember his ex on chihiro , JOJO Bizarre

surimi

Record Breaker
For the Men apart from Yuzuru , Kenji , shoma, Sota I did not know the others , Luka made me cry with his SP , Shun I am glad that he is chosen Pirate of the Caribbean , unfortunately I have not seen the other performances but from what I have read They did pretty well except for a couple of failed jumps.

About Kenji Tanaka I have never seen the anime Evangelion but finally someone skates on an anime , anyway he always has original choices I remember his ex on chihiro , JOJO Bizarre

His name's actually Keiji ;) And I agree about the original gala choices. He's really on when he skates to anime. I wish he'd skate this genre as a competition program, though his last year's programs are good enough and should bring him a lot of points.
And let's not forget Kazuki among the great Japanese men! :thumbsup:

I've got to see this Lucas Honda's DOI performance. People praise it so it must have been really good.

sakurano

Final Flight
His name's actually Keiji ;) And I agree about the original gala choices. He's really on when he skates to anime. I wish he'd skate this genre as a competition program, though his last year's programs are good enough and should bring him a lot of points.
And let's not forget Kazuki among the great Japanese men! :thumbsup:

I've got to see this Lucas Honda's DOI performance. People praise it so it must have been really good.

ah yes sorry for typo Yes he has a nice little style a little showmen I like to look at him and he made the incredible sherlock Holms;) is it true that his name means detective?

Is Kazuki the boy who skated on the Moulin Rouge?and he is the one who won a medal at the NHK with Riverdance?

there was a boy skating gala on the baseball theme if memory serves this is Koshiro

?
yes he skated on SOS d'un terrien en détresse on sp

I have a lot to catch up on;) thanks for the info

surimi

Record Breaker
Squee! Nothing against Hip Hip Chin Chin of course, I'd doubted it yet it turned out to be great. But this is something I am sure Keiji will skate to with all his heart! :cheer: Keiji's name does mean 'inspector' or 'detective', but I think it just means the police one. The native speakers would know for sure...

Hey, if my wishes get materialized instantly, maybe I should now wish for a Nationals podium finish for Sota! Yup, I wish that! Maybe it'll work again! :biggrin: :pray:

And yes, Kazuki's the one who skated to Moulin Rouge and Riverdance, and stole the hearts of the crowd at 2018 Worlds with Zigeunerweisen and West Side Story. I recommend checking out his ultra modern Daft Punk gala too. :biggrin:

sakurano

Final Flight
Squee! Nothing against Hip Hip Chin Chin of course, I'd doubted it yet it turned out to be great. But this is something I am sure Keiji will skate to with all his heart! :cheer: Keiji's name does mean 'inspector' or 'detective', but I think it just means the police one. The native speakers would know for sure...

Hey, if my wishes get materialized instantly, maybe I should now wish for a Nationals podium finish for Sota! Yup, I wish that! Maybe it'll work again! :biggrin: :pray:

And yes, Kazuki's the one who skated to Moulin Rouge and Riverdance, and stole the hearts of the crowd at 2018 Worlds with Zigeunerweisen and West Side Story. I recommend checking out his ultra modern Daft Punk gala too. :biggrin:

oh unfortunately from what I read in commentary it is not for this season but for the Olympic one . I’m sure he’ll do his best . That to an original meaning is what a coincidence it is interpreted as an XD detective

I admit I liked his riverdance it was energetic , I’m going to see his other programs.

Oh yes Sota on the podium it’s been so long and it would be a good revenge after his injury

KiraraChin

Medalist
He definitely stole my heart with those performances at Worlds 2018 :luv17:

Kazuki tends to be overlooked because of political reasons (he has no support from the fed whatsoever, so he often gets robbed blind in his scores, particularly in the PCS department), and also since Worlds 2018 he has worked to re-tool his tech, and this caused consistency issues.
However, while YumaShun are definitely the most hyped, I do think Kazuki will be a dark horse for Beijing - his performance skills have always been great, but now his technical skills are catching up, too. I believe there will be a moment when he'll surprise a lot of people, like he did in Milan 2018.

sakurano

Final Flight
Après tes conseils j'ai vu tous les programmes de Kazuki et il m'a littéralement pris le cœur, je suis son nouveau fan, j'espère que ce sera un succès pour lui dans cette saison difficile. Savons-nous quand aura lieu sa prochaine participation?

J'ai vu le nouveau SP de Shun le pirate Je ne suis pas encore enthousiasmé par ce programme car j'ai encore en tête l'incroyable programme de Javier Fernandez et Alena Leonova mais il est jeune il viendra.

Next week , c'est l'émission de Kenji Room avec l'apparition d'Utashin que j'ai hâte.

d'ailleurs j'ai lu sur twitter que Shingo avait choisi son sp

https://twitter.com/tegomass/status/1309162080675733505

Last edited:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Après tes conseils j'ai vu tous les programmes de Kazuki et il m'a littéralement pris le cœur, je suis son nouveau fan, j'espère que ce sera un succès pour lui dans cette saison difficile. Savons-nous quand aura lieu sa prochaine participation?
I'm so terribly sorry, Sakurano, but would you so kind as to translate this into English, please? I know it's about Kazuki and I would like to reply to you but my French is a bit rusty I'm afraid 😅

In other news, we had the first round of regionals this week, both Sota and Keiji won their respective regionals.

Sota's programmes:

I thought Sota did well, he's going for a difficult content again with a 2 quad SP and 3 quad FS. Some mistakes on quads and 3A but nothing out of ordinary for the beginning of the season. I was particularly impressed by the fact he kept it together in the FS after three painful falls.

Keiji's programmes:

Keiji is still visibly injured and it shows, especially in his layout which was considerably watered down. I think he did a good job considering the circumstances but I'm hoping he'll have recovered at least his toe triples by sectionals, because the field will be a lot more competitive.

Next weekend we'll have Kazuki at Kinki regionals with his mates Mitsuki Sumoto and Taichi Honda, and another Shun Sato vs Yuma Kagiyama showdown at Kanto regionals. Can't wait!

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I know it's about Kazuki and I would like to reply to you but my French is a bit rusty I'm afraid 😅
About Kazuki they said that they took the advice of people in this thread and watched his programs, and they took to him and are his new fan. They hope he succeeds this difficult season. Then the question is about his next participation date (which you already answered).

KiraraChin

Medalist
About Kazuki they said that they took the advice of people in this thread and watched his programs, and they took to him and are his new fan. They hope he succeeds this difficult season. Then the question is about his next participation date (which you already answered).
Oh, thanks for the translation! Glad to know Kazuki has a new fan 🥰

sakurano

Final Flight
Yes I'm sorry I have a problem with my translator.

Thank you for translating skatesocs.

Yes despite some mistakes Sota recovered well and magically won this 1 and place with 220 points.

Poor Keiji I hope he will recover quickly, he was right to be careful. I've heard that for his so he got 3 penalties for being late on the music :( .

Generally speaking. These regionals seem to be going well for those who are back from injury.

Thanks for the videos I will enjoy.

Can't wait to see the others.