Russian Senior Test Skates, 12-13 September 2020, Megasport arena | Page 83 | Golden Skate

Russian Senior Test Skates, 12-13 September 2020, Megasport arena

LRK

Record Breaker
Chiming in late with some favorites.

Mishina/Galliamov:love: both programs, but especially Bohemian Rhapsody, which I will never tire of. M/G progressed leaps and bounds in these months, Moskvina forever!

Boikova/Kozlovskii, SP. Loved seeing how they have gone a new direction, more lyrical and mature. Disappointed to see them do Bond again, understandable though.

Anna S. - as talented as ever, and she's not hurried, I feel. Not going to let anyone make her doubt.

Sasha T. - I liked the SP, but in the long I didn't feel anything; seemed she was concentrating just on quads. Understandable, but there you go.

Ice Dancers Skoptsova/Aleshin - I just love how tall and blond she is, how red-haired he is, and how dramatic she is. Very fun to watch.

Kolyada - Gorgeous skating. I think sinusitis must have interfered with his balance and jumps. Divine skating posture.

Zhenya - So tough to be there without the support of her coach! Her skating will get better, but what I love is her unquenchable spirit. She will always come through with artistry.
(but I don't get the cartwheel ... it seems too risky, with gloves or bare hands.)

Kostornaya - When I watched her SP on Saturday, I was completely underwhelmed and disappointed that the program seemed like it didn't bring out what she's so good at doing. Then, I watched it again today, and I had a completely different impression. It seemed like there are plenty of places where more choreo and nuances will be, and I could see glimpses of the beauty she showed us all last year, and before. I think she needs to re-think the big kick after the axel; it just looks automatic and like it doesn't relate to anything at all. I feel confident that Shae-Lynne will choreograph so that we see interesting and dazzling things from Aliona. Working with Sergei R., chances are good she'll get the 3A back.

It's funny, but my experience with Alena's program is very similar to yours. When I saw it at first, I didn't quite know what to make of it. Especially since this isn't really "my" kind of music. But then, I just found myself going back to watch it again. And again. And liked it better each time I saw it. It is still obviously very new, but I think it has promise.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Anyone know what songs from White Crow Kolyada used for his LP?

That LP is SUBLIME. I am watching it on repeat. His entire packaging for the program is perfection (he can close the gap on his blouse a wee bit though). The opening moves of the program had me convinced I was watching Nureyev reborn on ice. Never noticed how smooth his skating skills were.

I hope he uses this program for the Olympics.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
This is actually true but there is actually no live broadcast of the test skates too. But this year is a special one. There was a live broadcast. And at the junior test skates, the "winners" were officially announced, albeit without any scores. So I'm curious to see whether it works out the same way with senior test skates.

Last year there was live broadcast of both junior and senior test skates. The year before I'm not sure about the juniors, but seniors were broadcasted.

Edit: Yes, I remembered, even juniors were broadcasted in 2018.

Fried

Final Flight
Last year there was live broadcast of both junior and senior test skates. The year before I'm not sure about the juniors, but seniors were broadcasted.

Edit: Yes, I remembered, even juniors were broadcasted in 2018.

Oh then I'm wrong. I thought the records were only published after the fact. Maybe it was just national? Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse anyone. Apart from that, I'm surprised that rankings were published for the juniors and not for the seniors.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Wouldn't it be some favoritism to let her withdraw and get another event because she has to get in shape? I mean all skaters from national team knew their events and had to get in shape for them.
Yeah she seems to have an injury but she decided to compete at insignificant test skates with it one week before her first competition. I would understand if she was badly injured, unable to land jumps and had to stay out of ice for some weeks.

This is what she said about her current state. Medvedeva noted that it is important for her now to rest before the next start. She has been battling a chronic back pain.

"Usually I was very worried after bad starts. Now I don’t worry, I know that I will take a break, come to my senses and everything will be much better. Over time, I realized that bad starts at the Open Skates do not mean bad starts at competitions. It is important for me that tomorrow is a day off. If not, then there will be no day off before (the Russian Cup stage in) Syzran. I need to rest. I have entered such a phase of age that I don’t need more work, but more rest."

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skaters have to do two Cups and get points depending on their placement at each Cup, since 18 skaters per category (for singles at least) are allowed to attend RusNats, the e.g. 18 ladies skaters who collected the most points can attend RusNats. 1st place at a Cup gets the most points, then 2nd place and so on, similar to the GP.

Several skaters who were initially announced in August for the first stage and attended Test Skates are not on the entry list, so we will see if their assignments were just switched or they had to WD completely from the Russian Cups and cannot go to RusNats. The skaters are Ignatov, Khuds/Bazin and Morozov/Bagin. Some others were also removed but also withdrew from Test Skates.

The only ones who have withdrawn are Sinitsina and Panfilova/Rylov. No one else from those on the main/reserve team. Ignatov, K/B and M/B are still on the entry list unless I misunderstood what you wrote.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
The only ones who have withdrawn are Sinitsina and Panfilova/Rylov. No one else from those on the main/reserve team. Ignatov, K/B and M/B are still on the entry list unless I misunderstood what you wrote.
Oh really? My bad. Yesterday I saw someone post the new lists and their names were missing. Sorry if that is wrong

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh really? My bad. Yesterday I saw someone post the new lists and their names were missing. Sorry if that is wrong

Probably they posted the entry list for the Moscow skaters. The ones you mentioned wouldn't have been on there because they represent different federations and those federation don't use the same application system as Moscow. The person who posted it should have explained it better.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Yay, yay,yay...just been watching the men. Kolyada is superb. What a skate, and it's only September. I was so impressed. So was Ted. Never mind the small mistakes...if this is what The Professor can bring, I'm all for it. I expect they are building on top of what he already has (great musicality and skating skills) and improving the technique. I always compared Kolyado with Kulik, but he has the potential to be better. Oh my. Sorry everybody for my love song but this was just so beautiful. XXXXXX

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
And of course (I am a Pairs fan after all) I really enjoyed the Pairs. All of them, although some really stood out. Aleksandra Boikova is my favourite Pair girl, and she was on top of her game. I know, they need a new FS but both programmes were really good to watch. The quality of the others was also good but Aleksandra/Dmitrii stood out for me.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Skipped the ladies...sorry all. I like Evghenia and Elisaveta but the rest are just too young for me to enjoy. It's okay when I'm watching juniors or juveniles but in seniors I want to see women. Young women obviously, but not little girls. With hips and stuff. I realise these girls skate extrordinaly well, but I can't help it. I love Valieva in a juniors competition, just as I love Alysa, but at a seniors event? And some of the little girl participants have been seniors for some time already. I love to see them (they're very good), just not at a seniors event. Sorry, sorry, sorry.

LRK

Record Breaker
Skipped the ladies...sorry all. I like Evghenia and Elisaveta but the rest are just too young for me to enjoy. It's okay when I'm watching juniors or juveniles but in seniors I want to see women. Young women obviously, but not little girls. With hips and stuff. I realise these girls skate extrordinaly well, but I can't help it. I love Valieva in a juniors competition, just as I love Alysa, but at a seniors event? And some of the little girl participants have been seniors for some time already. I love to see them (they're very good), just not at a seniors event. Sorry, sorry, sorry.

Honestly, I think Anna, Alena and Alexandra have all visibly grown and matured, and don't look like "little girls" any longer.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Honestly, I think Anna, Alena and Alexandra have all visibly grown and matured, and don't look like "little girls" any longer.

Yes, not to mention they are all world class athletes. Why label them little girls? Also, I would argue at least 2 of them have an artistry that belies their youth.