XenForo Questions | Page 3 | Golden Skate

XenForo Questions

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The thumbsup center in the old forum was great. Will we be able to see how many thumbsup given and received again?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The thumbsup center in the old forum was great. Will we be able to see how many thumbsup given and received again?

I asked this over in the Awards thread, and here is how gsk8 replied:

Thumbs up no - that was an add-on for VB.

Although we won't get our old thumbs back, there is an equivalent system here on XenForo called reactions. The difference is that it actually gives a range options rather than just the "Like" we had on vBulletin. Here are the options:

(y) Like [The symbol is actually white and on a blue circular background, but there is no equivalent emoticon]
😍 Love
🤣 Haha
😲 Wow
🙁 Sad
😡 Angry

You can view the reactions you have received on this page:

A thing I like about this page compared to the Thumbs Up Centre on vBulletin is that this actually shows a preview of the post that has been reacted to. Back on vBulletin, the list just told you the thread the post was in, so you had to click through to find out which particular post it was that had been "Liked". On XenForo, you don't even have to do anything to find out! :D

I have a personal policy of not giving reactions to internet posts. Consequently, I don't know if there is a page that lists reactions you have given. Hopefully somebody else can advise you on that.

EDIT: Just found where the leaderboard for the most reactions on the forum is located:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/members/?key=highest_reaction_score

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you so much for making the avatars square again!!! :D :D :D

A bit of advice to those that are using Custom Avatars. If you still have the file that you are using as your avatar, definitely upload it again. Because when we uploaded images to vBulletin for use as an avatar, the resolution was reduced.

This was not noticeable on vBulletin, as the only place you saw your avatar was beside your posts. But it is VERY noticeable here on XenForo, because here your avatar doubles up as your Profile Pic. And if you don't re-upload, the image on your Profile gets stretched to the size that Profile Pics are, and so it looks very blurred and blocky.

I just re-uploaded mine, and it made the world of difference to how it looked on my Profile. You can actually read the writing now! :p

CaroLiza_fan

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Okay, trivial question since I am new to the term 'push notifications'. Are they the kind of notifications that pop up at me at the bottom of my screen even when I am not on GS? I have enabled them not knowing what they are, but now I think I can do without them. So I am asking just in case: if I disable push notifications, the pop up notifications will stop, but I'll still be able to see my notifications when I click on the PM icon/bell icon above? Because when I log in I like to check e.g. who replied to a post of mine. Thanks in advance for clarification.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Okay, trivial question since I am new to the term 'push notifications'. Are they the kind of notifications that pop up at me at the bottom of my screen even when I am not on GS? I have enabled them not knowing what they are, but now I think I can do without them. So I am asking just in case: if I disable push notifications, the pop up notifications will stop, but I'll still be able to see my notifications when I click on the PM icon/bell icon above? Because when I log in I like to check e.g. who replied to a post of mine. Thanks in advance for clarification.
A followup to surimi's question. If I said yes to notifications and change my mind, how do I turn them off?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If they persist, that means their stuck now in your email or browser settings and have to be deleted by you ;) Sorry!

Here is what you can do for Chrome users. I just googled it :)

How do I stop Chrome push notifications?
Allow or block notifications from all sites
  1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More. Settings.
  3. Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
  4. Click Notifications.
  5. Choose to block or allow notifications: Allow or Block all: Turn on or off Sites can ask to send notifications.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Is there something to do so when i click on delete it doesn't make the keyboard disappear? I don't know if it's my phone or the site but i can't delete a word without making the keyboard disappear.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Okay, the notification popups kept coming up so I did as gsk8 advised. I saw no 'save settings' option, so I hope it stays blocked. And that the notifications will still be seen next to my PMs.

One more thing (I guess I need a thread for dummies...) - how do I make an image visible? I wanted to link a photo from a skater's twitter in her fanfest, but I don't know how to go about it so it displays the photo in my post. The 'insert image' option didn't want to process a twitter photo link.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there something to do so when i click on delete it doesn't make the keyboard disappear? I don't know if it's my phone or the site but i can't delete a word without making the keyboard disappear.
Try clicking on the keyboard. See if it returns to it's place.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay, the notification popups kept coming up so I did as gsk8 advised. I saw no 'save settings' option, so I hope it stays blocked. And that the notifications will still be seen next to my PMs.

One more thing (I guess I need a thread for dummies...) - how do I make an image visible? I wanted to link a photo from a skater's twitter in her fanfest, but I don't know how to go about it so it displays the photo in my post. The 'insert image' option didn't want to process a twitter photo link.
Do a test now and just put the link in.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
How do we embed GIFs?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've been having trouble logging into the forum on Chrome since the switch. I can get in on Safari fine, but on Chrome I get a notification saying that cookies are required and I must accept the cookies to log in ("Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site."). But I can find no way to accept cookies (I have pop-ups allowed but don't get anything like on other websites when you have to accept cookies). And according to Chrome I'm not blocking any on the site.

The first day I somehow logged in after several attempts bringing up the same error, and I thought the problem was fixed, but I haven't been able to ever since. I've kept the tab where I'm logged in open, but if I try to open a new one it doesn't work at all. I'd like to be able to log in properly on Chrome because it's the only browser I normally use.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How do we embed GIFs?

We will not be using this feature. However, those with a Premium Bundle (used to be called GS Supporter) can upload attachments.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've been having trouble logging into the forum on Chrome since the switch. I can get in on Safari fine, but on Chrome I get a notification saying that cookies are required and I must accept the cookies to log in ("Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site."). But I can find no way to accept cookies (I have pop-ups allowed but don't get anything like on other websites when you have to accept cookies). And according to Chrome I'm not blocking any on the site.

The first day I somehow logged in after several attempts bringing up the same error, and I thought the problem was fixed, but I haven't been able to ever since. I've kept the tab where I'm logged in open, but if I try to open a new one it doesn't work at all. I'd like to be able to log in properly on Chrome because it's the only browser I normally use.
We are working on that! I'm aware of it ;) Can you please do a test and make sure that the URL you are going to looks exactly like this?
"https://www.goldenskate.com/forum"

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Also, check your cookie settings in Chrome:

In Chrome
  1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More > Settings.
  3. Under "Privacy and security," click "Cookies and other site data"
  4. From here, you can: Turn on cookies: Next to "Blocked," turn on the switch. Turn off cookies: Turn off Allow sites to save and read cookie data.
  5. Alternately, you can go to "Sites that can always use cookies" and click "Add"and put [*.]goldenskate.com.
Refresh your browser, clear cache, and try again.

Last edited:

I've just deployed some changes which should help this. To be on the safe side, try logging out and back in again to make sure the changes are applied.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is the 'Ignore thread' function still available, by any chance? My old ignores are still in place, but I can't figure out how to do any new ones should I need them.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Is the 'Ignore thread' function still available, by any chance? My old ignores are still in place, but I can't figure out how to do any new ones should I need them.
If you're just really annoyed at a thread right now, you can ignore the thread creator for now. That will take it off the forum list. A hack till they put that feature in.