Country
United-States
Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think that means we’ll have a special guest in the next video 🥰 What if it’s a vlog with Shoma introducing her to team Champery? Omg please Shoma!!
The possibilities are end!ess! I'm a!ready so happy just thinking about it! I wonder when she arrived. I'm assuming this means mom is there too. 🐕

Masama looks like a worried parent in that photo.

Last edited:

16Olympics

On the Ice
I'm so happy for them all! Looking forward to new updates of the girls in little Swiss sweaters romping in the snow. They probably haven't seen snow. I guess Itsuki is there and on break or is going to college virtually. I know I'm being selfish and I love all of this but I look forward to seeing Shoma skate.

16Olympics

On the Ice

Shoma assigned to IdF, Oct 13-15, Grenoble.

Deniss and Koshiro also on the list for France. Kevin Aymoz, Romain Ponsart, Matteo, etc. Oddly, Brendan Kerry. Does he train in Europe?

Alexei and Rika as well. Rika must still be in SU.

rabidline

Final Flight

Shoma assigned to IdF, Oct 13-15, Grenoble.

Deniss and Koshiro also on the list for France. Kevin Aymoz, Romain Ponsart, Matteo, etc. Oddly, Brendan Kerry. Does he train in Europe?

Alexei and Rika as well. Rika must still be in SU.

Not his thread but Brendan Kerry has been training in France for a while (he's guest skating at their Masters this week).

Pretty graphics for the GP series from Olympic Channel- Shoma's featured for IDF :love2:

IDF was THE unforgettable moment last season so it feels somewhat fitting if Shoma can go back and compete there to close the circle, make new, happier memories. Hopefully everything can work out, and the skaters, coaches and officials all stay healthy and safe.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sho 's message for Alvark Tokyo. Where is our Rook?! :) Wishing them good luck for the season. The message appeared on the Alvark Jumbotron at the game.

Translation:
"Hi, all. It's Shoma. Still now the situation surrounding us has been difficult though, I've been practicing to prepare for the new season in Europe...B-League also faces the new season, I do hope the victory of the team from here. Alvark, Rook, Fight!"
➡️After that, Alvark won the opening match!👏

Last edited:

luckyricochet

Spectator
Hello everyone~ I've been a lurker on the forum for several months now but I've finally decided to come out from the shadows 👋 This is my FS journey:

I was a very casual viewer for a little while in that I watched Yuzuru's performances at Sochi and knew that he gold medal winner. In 2018, I began to watch a little more seriously in the lead up to Pyeongchang, but this time I only was interested in ice dancing, because watching skaters jump stressed me out. Since I was already familiar with Yuzu, I did watch his skates and saw that he had won gold again with bronze for Javi. So then I wondered, who got silver? My first thoughts when I saw pictures of the poidum were, I'm glad it was another person on Team Japan since that was probably nice for Yuzu to be up there with a teammate, and then also that he was short lol.

Fast forward to the summer of 2019 and I'm getting a little more interested, but singles still did not interest me very much. Then I saw someone on either Tumblr or Reddit say that Shoma's upper body movement was by far the best in the men's field. And I don't know why, but after this I decided to look him up. Maybe because I had never really noticed how upper body movement could be "the best" in FS, so I was curious what that meant? So I YouTubed Shoma and I think the first video I watched of him was either his EX at the Olympics or 2016 GPF free skate. (I'm a little sad I can't remember exactly which one!).

And WOW. I saw exactly right away what that person had meant by his movement because I was just so captivated with how SMOOTH he was! There was so much fluidity in his range of motion and it complemented his skating so well, it was beautiful. So then I began to watch other skaters to compare, because I thought maybe all skaters moved like that. Well I realized--they don't 😅. Shoma was just so wonderful to watch, I fell in love immediately. I spent that entire summer catching up on his career, reading every interview, and just learning about him. While I recognized in terms of numbers and medals, Shoma was not the best in the world, there was still no one else who skated the way he did/does, with that elegance and flow, so I was hooked.

2019-2020 was my first season following FS properly, and we all know how tumultuous it was for Shoma, but even as a relatively new fan, I was so invested. I could not be happier about his decision to choose Stéphane as a coach; I think they suit each other really well. And JNats was the gift that kept on giving, since by then I had basically come to love all of Team Japan.

With the current global situation, this season is also not going to be the smoothest one ever, but I'm just happy to see Shoma happy again ☺️ This summer was disappointing with the cancellation of ice shows, but somehow it was also very sweet what with the addition of Toro and Emma and Shoma starting his YouTube channel! I myself realized only a few days ago that I'm pretty sure I can recognize all the jumps now, so that was exciting haha.

Anyway, if you made it this far, that's me! I'm glad there's a place where I can join other FS fans because I don't know anyone who is interested in it, so I'm looking forward to the further discussion. I'm on Twitter now as well under the same handle (@luckyricochet) and I like seeing the action there too, so please follow me if you would like...Can't wait to see Shoma and the rest of Team Champéry in France soon!

16Olympics

On the Ice
Welcome luckyricochet and thanks for sharing your Shoma story!
In the team Champery photo it looks to me like Shoma had his hair cut and wondering if it was at the salon Deniss goes to?

I read Shoma's practice comments and where he says he does what he likes in practice and occasionally what he has to do and thought...what? Does that sound like a Stephane practice? Haha. If it works that he can be fabulous with the kind of practice he describes, good for him! Perhaps it's the translation?
I love the Itsuki videos of Emma. She must miss her sister and Shoma. Why spend $$ on dog toys when bubble wrap is so entertaining?

Last edited:

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Hello luckyricochet and thanks for your lovely post! Glad to have you here with us!
Nooo Shoma your hair!! I like it long and floofy! 😭 I'm pretty sure his mother cut it, I think she came to Champéry with Toro.
He still looks so smol and cute though!