2020 Budapest Trophy: Junior Competitions | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2020 Budapest Trophy: Junior Competitions

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:clap:Marija. Strong skate. Best 3 3 of the day. It looks like she hurt herself on a jump. But really good skate.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Nice triksel attempt from Shabotova, and then she got carried away and lost the easier elements ....

She'll still win this though, Shirley Bassey carries her.

But no real improvements after switching to skate for Ukraine.

Still, she is disappointed with herself, and chances of gaining more competitive experience are probably slim this year.

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Nastya's air positions are often scary, thankfully she remained on her feet this time.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Who is Anastasiia’s coach now? At one point I heard she was with Plushenko but I guess that’s not right. Is she with Panova anymore or training mostly in Ukraine?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am pleased to discover another who clearly appreciates the similarities among the various sports where the spectacle of skill and the thrill of risk balance gracefulness upon the limits of adhesion. Elsewhere on these boards @McBibus has made mention of Alpine skiing as well.

That's the funny thing - my favourite sports tend to be things that I would be hopeless at myself (motorbike racing, figure skating, ski-sports, snooker)! 😆

I hadn't realised until I looked at the Sky EPG this morning that the Alpine Skiing was back this weekend (that was actually why I went onto the Eurosport Player - to check if they were showing the World Feed for the Alpine, as their linear channels always leave early). So, that is something I will have to catch up on that during the week.

I would wish your man luck today, but I have watched him often enough to know that it is not luck that carries the same competitor to victory after victory. The man has the subtle skill to carve a very deep edge.

Thank you. He really is something special on a bike. And a really nice guy to boot. A few years ago, my Dad and I were at the Donington Park round, and spotted him in the paddock. So, we went over and asked him for an autograph, and when he heard our accents, his face just lit up. And for the rest of the weekend, any time he saw me he waved!

Q: Is Rea the Gaelic translation of the Spanish "Rey"? Should be. Enjoy your day!

No, but I like your thinking! (y)

I won't give anything away, but it was an exciting race. :biggrin:

Now for World Supersport 600 race 1 in Estoril, and then off to Brands Hatch for BSB race 1.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And when the X-Games introduced the world to "extreme sports" I had to ask,
"Have you never watched figure skating? How about ballet and gymnastics on ice with razors laced to your feet!"

😆 😆 😆

That is just a brilliant description of figure skating!!! Well done for thinking of it!!!

:bow: :clap: :points:

(I never got into Extreme Sports, by the way).

CaroLiza_fan

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The hall speaker probably reads the official information.

Sometimes, they have kind of 'entry form' where the skater can write down accurate information, or answer questions as to hobbies and the like to be used in the announcements.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Saturday Night is Free Dance Night in Budapest, starting right now with the Juniors.

Here is the link to the livestream (starts at 5h 24m 57s):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSeDjYb0yRs&t=19497

(Podium Ceremony at 6h 47m 58s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSeDjYb0yRs&t=24478 )

Here is the starting order:

StN.NameClubNationCurrent RankPoints
Warm-Up Group 1
1​
Petra CSIKÓS / Patrik CSIKÓS
HUN​
4​
41.10​
2​
Katica KEDVES / Fedor SHARONOV
HUN​
3​
47.76​
3​
Mariia PINCHUK / Mykyta POGORIELOV
UKR​
2​
51.18​
4​
Mariia GOLUBTSOVA / Kyryl BIELOBROV
UKR​
1​
62.51​

And here is the live scoring:

http://hunskate.hu/external/mukorcsolya/2020_2021/Budapest_trophy/Junior/SEG015.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
it's a dramatic ballad well suited to a figure skating routine