2020 Skate America: Men's SP | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2020 Skate America: Men's SP

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought Nathan's skating and spins were slow, but I loved his choreo/artistry and jumps! Great program and fantastic job!
I think they were deliberately slow. He was skating to the music. And that Spanish music just needs his dancing to be drawn out :points:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Hanyu would do an over-the-top costume to that music. Flowing sleeves...ruffles...red....major league bling...and feathers! Does Hanyu ever wear a costume that doesn't have feathers????

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
250532__64946.1342530503.380.500.jpg

sworddance21

On the Ice
Nathan's outfit does not match the music.
I think it is supposed to be his effortlessly Nathan cool version of a mariachi costume. I really don't like it - I think the jacket really makes it look like his shoulders are hunched. He has that tendency anyway - and the jacket really accentuates that. However - AWESOME program!! I like the choreography and he performs it beautifully.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Hanyu would do an over-the-top costume to that music. Flowing sleeves...ruffles...red....major league bling...and feathers! Does Hanyu ever wear a costume that doesn't have feathers????
No feathers on his Parisienne Walkway shirt. I don't think there were any on the Prince SP outfit either, but those Stupid Sexy Flanders pants may be clouding my memory.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Anyway.. that wasn't my favourite Nathan Chen SP but it was pretty good.

I'm still..put off by Vincent's use of the Vincent song as his short program music.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
No feathers on his Parisienne Walkway shirt. I don't think there were any on the Prince SP outfit either, but those Stupid Sexy Flanders pants may be clouding my memory.
I can tell you there were no feathers on the Stupid Sexy Flanders pants or waistcoat.

I still preferred the white version which apparently is the wrong opinion, lol.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are all these skaters pulling their own face mask from a pile of everyones

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The costume was fine. Skating of that quality doesn't need bedazzling.

This is the 4th time I've seen this program in competition (if you count JO) and it's the 4th different jump layout.

The takeaway isn't the costume, it's that the experimentation continues.