2020 Rostelecom Cup: Men's SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2020 Rostelecom Cup: Men's SP

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
all of the sambo 70 Choregraphies are done by him but he is not inspired all the time, this time he was for sure :LOL:
All of them?! Gee, does he get extra pay? Because that's a lot of choreo for one man to do.

Oh dear! 5th for Dima :(

But what an exciting short! Moris in the lead! Petr kicking butt! Mika bringing the PCS.

So now... I should go to sleep for I am going to make a possibly poor life decision and get up for the ladies. I hope it's as exciting as this was :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dima. Good, but only 3Lz and his usual problem: when he makes a mistake, it get's him out of the confidence.
Ah the kiss of death :( I always admire skaters who can shake off a mistake. It must bother them, but they keep selling it, it saves the program and probably helps the PCS (although maybe it's not supposed too :laugh: )

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Interesting how crowded the Russian top for men is now. How long has it been since we've seen this many guys with real chances of overtaking one another? So interested to see the FS now. Of course, a clean Misha could win this with no problem, but we're realists in this house. Moris was great, Petr too.

PCS were all over the place - I was squinting at Misha's PCS, but then Aliev's went all up there too, so...

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Moris in the lead with almost 100 points. Who would have thought?

Good program.

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
I wonder if Dima is fully healed. I know he is a couple of weeks behind in training but hopefully is OK and can catch up in the free.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am glad Mozalev landed that Flip with gusto 😇 and when Ignatov doesn’t fall, I am so happy!

wow, good for Kvitashvili and Gumennik for awesome skates! I am looking forward to catching up, because I ran out of time after Mozalev’s ❤️

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I wonder if Dima is fully healed. I know he is a couple of weeks behind in training but hopefully is OK and can catch up in the free.
Injury recovery + late season start + his usual stamina issues = never was going to be a good season

I don't expect anything good from him this year. He also seems to struggle putting together two solid consecutive seasons. He always does badly the season after a good one. So hopefully that means next season (the Olympic!) will be a good one then.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
I like that program and Aliev's skating
I don't know why Dima recycled this program. Ugh! Unless you skate this waltz perfectly, it's a monotonous mess. Disappointed for him. His programs last season were so much better. :slink:

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
W
Speechless! Why were all the Russian men so so so bad? Weird
Yes, ALL of them were SO SO SO BAD! No? What do you mean? You can hardly say the Russian guy in the lead Petr was bad. There were plenty of good things done today

icetug

Medalist
Wow Danny G choreo'ed this?
Surely he did. Pay attention to typical DG gimmicks:
1. The song ending (or rather, no ending :)). Guess nobody bothered to find a version with no applause so DG just ended with the last word, and added a gong. Why not. It's creative, isn't it?
2. Choreo emphasises lyrics in quite interesting way :D. My favourite parts are: steps to "Et ça sent la morue jusque dans le coeur des frites" (is it a comment for DG last interview?) and flirting with a public to "[des putains] ou d'ailleurs".

Suprisingly, Moris did a great job with this choreo (but Dasha Panenkova did also very well with her three years ago). Bet they don't speak French ;)