2020 Rostelecom Cup: Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2020 Rostelecom Cup: Free Dance

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I know it might be heresy but I think Viktoria might be better than him now.
That's fascinating because I was about to write the same. I'm not much into ID and don't watch it very often, but regarding S/K it is my impression that Vika has caught up with Nika's level so much that she now outperforms him a little. With all his qualities he tends to overdo things a bit, while she has developed a natural grace in her movements. Or is it just this one program?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
sorry for derailing this thread then
:laugh2::ROFLMAO:

ANYWAY
SINKATS PLEASE DO A HELLA SHARP TANGO FD FOR THE OLYMPICS

I beg of youuuuu :tantrum:
darn there is no pray emoji

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
That's fascinating because I was about to write the same. I'm not much into ID and don't watch it very often, but regarding S/K it is my impression that Vika has caught up with Nika's level so much that she now outperforms him a little. With all his qualities he tends to overdo things a bit, while she has developed a natural grace in her movements. Or is it just this one program?
Also with Viktoria there is way less Nikitatwizzleterror to deal with. I'm calmer watching her skate than him.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Nah it's been evident in their tango SD too
Not making 2018 Olympics really spark some fire within them

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I didn't watch this live because I'm frankly... just not fussed. Maybe I'd have been more bothered if I hadn't watched test skates and Russian Cup. Anyway...

I don't like K/B FD however I really like their lifts and I'm looking forward to seeing them progress.

M/B - they leave me cold every time - sorry! Just kind of bored and I check out half way through - her facial expressions were the same throughout and not great imo

S/A - I think they should do another tango FD because that really suited them - I wasn't keen on this last season but I think it has greatly improved since last year. They seem to be comfortable as seniors now. One thought I had while watching her is that she really reminded me of Madi Hubbell but maybe it was she was a tall, blonde and powerful skater skating to music from a BDSM themed film?

Z/G - I think this really suits them I'm glad they kept it. But also looking forward to something new.

S/K - um. Does Zhulin think this will win maybe-Worlds? I think not? For me they didn't have the energy to sell the second section - like it was very lacklustre for me. That last lift... eesh. If Europeans happen (ha) then it will be interesting with no P/C there to see if tehy can still fend off other teams with this. Very similar mark to H/D at SkAm.

Overall - maybe I'm just in a bad mood today but I was just left feeling a bit uninspired? Maybe it was the disappointment that S/B weren't there to make this a really interesting head to head? Who knows - maybe nationals will be more interesting (I think they will happen because Russia)

viennaskater

Medalist
I don't think I will ever get excited by Sin & Kat's skating - this one was almost as dull as last season's.

If I'd been a judge, I would have given first place to the Lithuanians. Their synchronicity is incredible and that programme looks even better than when they performed it last season. Love the theme and the music choice!