2020 Rostelecom Cup: Ladies' FS | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2020 Rostelecom Cup: Ladies' FS

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
That was a wild ride, it's 3:18 am here and I should try and get some sleep. Congratulations to Liza T and I hope Alyona and her team works on those levels and develop the program even further, it's much better than at its first showing but it's still mostly Alyona's charm itself that draws me and not the program itself. And maybe rethink her hairdo and packaging. Hope Sasha Trusova shakes off one disaster and comes back strong. Thank you for keeping me company you lovely folks, see y'all :thank:

Astolat

On the Ice
Country
Poland
I don't know what was more traumatic to my fangirl heart: Ayzoz's SP at last Europeans or Sasha here. Still quite shocked. Bright side: Tuktamysheva's win and Eva-Lotta Kiibus.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I want to say this though: Trusova's TES and score being what it was is part of what I don't like about IJS. 4 falls should put you way down in the scoring and to me what she put out there should not have gotten the score it did. All those falls are distracting and take away from the performance and her PCS does not really reflect that.

That is my opinion. I do not like sloppy skating with lots of falls. I never have.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I want to say this though: Trusova's TES and score being what it was is part of what I don't like about IJS. 4 falls should put you way down in the scoring and to me what she put out there should not have gotten the score it did. All those falls are distracting and take away from the performance and her PCS does not really reflect that.

That is my opinion. I do not like sloppy skating with lots of falls. I never have.
I kind of agree. Falls should be punished more. I would say - give -3 to every fall.

Country
Norway
Yeah, I am even more sad now that Shcherbakova wasn't there. She would have walked away with it...
My guess is both Med and Anna would have gotten it if they had skated there... Normally Aliona would have gotten it too, but maybe she is being punished for changing coaches :rolleye:

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
This proves my thoughts about Sasha. She needs a coaching shrink to help her through competitions. (And I DON'T think that shrink is Plushy!)

She is a phenomenon, she is fantastic, and we all know what she is capable of, but she just can't deliver in competitions.

I never thought I would see such a meltdown like at RusNats last year, but here it was, and it was A LOT worse.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
This proves my thoughts about Sasha. She needs a coaching shrink to help her through competitions. (And I DON'T think that shrink is Plushy!)

She is a phenomenon, she is fantastic, and we all know what she is capable of, but she just can't deliver in competitions.

I never thought I would see such a meltdown like at RusNats last year, but here it was, and it was A LOT worse.
Do you mean a sports psychologist? They are quite common in North America. Is it not a Russian thing?

Dogo

On the Ice
Watching Liza skating with so much excitement makes so happy. She won, deservedly so, with a great delivery of her complex program. Go Empress!! Enjoy your victory and hopefully this will be a motivation to keep working hard as you have always done.

Dearest Sasha reminded me of Nathan Chen's Olympic fail moment. First fall threw her off musically and the second broke her mental wall. She looked half confused and half trying to regain her concentration. She is a real fighter. She didn't pop those jumps despite throwing herself to the ice probably knowing her timing was off. She stood up and finished the program. Very brave of her for not changing her complex layout and keep trying til the very end. All in all, it's better that she experiences a nervous breakdown now, during a Rostelecom that doesn't accrue world standing points, that later (like Chen's at the Olympics). She clearly has it within herself, we saw the jumps during both warm up and training sessions, she just needs to find her "Zen" calming moment before competitions. And then she will be destined to accomplish big things in this field.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
My guess is both Med and Anna would have gotten it if they had skated there... Normally Aliona would have gotten it too, but maybe she is being punished for changing coaches :rolleye:
I think if the Russian Cup is to be believed then Anna would’ve definitely walked it but Med I’m less sure about.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I don't think Aliona is being punished. She doesn't have the 3A, she doesn't look as secure as she used to be. Her scores were fair IMO.
They were and Liza probably should have won. (I can't tell because I'm kinda depressed by these results and ergo not objective right now lol). But do you really and honestly think she would have gotten 2 URs, a q AND PCS that weren't even two points higher than Liza's if she was still with Eteri? I don't.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
The PCS sure but the URs were so so visible.
They were and Liza probably should have won. (I can't tell because I'm kinda depressed by these results and ergo not objective right now lol). But do you really and honestly think she would have gotten 2 URs, a q AND PCS that weren't even two points higher than Liza's if she was still with Eteri? I don't.

Skatefan15

On the Ice
Liza deserved to win today, but I agree with you that everything that was (rightly) called for Aliona most likely wouldn’t have been called if she was with Eteri.