2020 NHK Trophy: Rhythm Dance

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"WE LOVE YOU TOM!!!"

...but we don't love your jacket!

Is this the same programme from last season? Because I remember Misato wearing a dress where the tassles were far too long, but I don't recognise Tim's outfit or the music.

Should definitely take the lead. And they do.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Komatsubara/Koleto

Well his costume is still tragic. As is hers...

Dreamgirls. It's a downright odd choice.

Required Elements:

Curve Lift - Level 4, 1.49 goe. Well that is much more secure than I've seen it. Good for them
Twizzles - Level 4 for both, 1.60 Montreal does know its twizzles. Nice sync and speed.
Finn Step - Level 3, NYYY, .80 goe.. Yes, best one of the night but it's a low bar...
Partial SS - level 3 for both, 1.61 goe. That's homecooking for ya.
Diag SS - level 2, 1.94 goe. More homecooking.

It's much much much improved from last season so good for THEM. But the program is just not something I'll remember in 4 minutes.

They'll go into first, because of their experience. But I bet they'll still be looking over their shoulders. Just sayin'...

70.76 and a career best.

Like I said, that's homecooking for ya. I'm not saying they don't deserve first here in the RD, they obviously do. But a career best? That's definitely homecooking for ya. LOL!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wiki says Timothy became a Japanese citizen a week ago?! Congrats!
Yes! Which is pretty amazing, it's not easy to get Japanese citizenship. My brother has lived over there for over a decade and isn't a citizen yet.

Although, they don't allow dual citizenship over there I think, so it's a big step to take even though his wife is Japanese and they have two kids.

That was short, but exciting! Looking forward to the FS!

But wow Team KoKo's TES was waaaaay ahead of their PCS, I feel like that's not common these days!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now a short break for dinner, see you later

And now :bed: for a bit over an hour, hopefully I'll be able to get up again for men's.

70 minutes from now? Good, time for some more work. ;-)

Dinner; sleep; work.

For me, it's finish breakfast, and then get into some proper clothes rather than sitting around in my pyjamas and a dressing gown all day!

Although, they are nice and cosy! :)

CaroLiza_fan

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Watching Daisuke Takahashi do ice dance was like watching Michael Jordan play baseball.

mikeko666

Final Flight
I finally watched RD.

A very good job by Kana and Dai. :clap: It was very impressive as their debut, especially considering the program was made only two months ago. I could see he was handful with technical stuff and I know he is a much better performer than he was today, and he will improve at every competition. And I admire Kana's guts. :biggrin:

I saw much improvement by Rikako and Oliver, much more chemistry between them than last season. I just don't like the music cuts/edit, and wish they had made a new RD for this season. I look forward to see their new FD that replace the Muran FD.

Misato and Tim made much progress since Western Sectional, looking very confident. I know this is a competition they can not lose.

Last edited:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Team KoKo was on fire today like I've never seen them before! In my opinion their lead by a substantial margin is well deserved.

Rikako and Eichu levelled up very visibly too. I think they should have been placed ahead of Kana and Dai by maybe two or three points. I won't be surprised, if they overtake them tomorrow. (There go my predictions...šŸ˜…)

Despite Dai being the noticably least experienced ice dancer in this field with a few bobbles and wobbles here and there, I was drawn in by his and Kana's energy. If it's not quite there yet, there were some good approaches (execution of the MiSt, first and third twizzles in the SqTw set, skating in various holds). Not a bad start at all!

All three teams visibly enjoyed themselves and seemed to feed off the audience's support (even though I'm not really for having an audience right now, several skaters have said that it makes a huge difference to them). Great to see that team KoKo received a full standing ovation for their career best RD performance! :clap: