Record Breaker
Oh, now suddenly Kaori is the Favorite?
Those jumps really aren’t working today, hope she’s okay

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The tempo of the Gala has really slowed down since Wakaba. Even Yuma's encore.

Will Kaori pick it up again?

She kinda did. And it was an enjoyable routine.

Beautiful white dress. If you didn't want a big train trailing behind you, it would make a nice wedding dress.

But, it really did not fit in with her "Matrix" encore!!!

Fighter bride!!! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What? The announcer is winding things up. Are we not getting a Finale?! 😲

EDIT: Panic over. We are!​

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There he is!

I hope he would be wearing a mask...oh well, who'll stick their head in his mouth I wonder ;)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I always wonder if someone famous is under those mascot costumes.

Like imagine Oda under there. 😂

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You're not not getting a finale.

It was not the usual lively finale that we are used to getting, but what we did get was beautiful. Beautiful music, beautiful choreography, beautiful skating.

And when the mascots came on towards the end, they toned down their behaviour as well.

Given what has been going on in the world, it was appropriate to end the senior GP Series in this fashion.

Gaaah!!! This is one thing I have always hated about the British Eurosport commentators. That they do a summary of the event while the skaters are doing their lap of honour at the end of the Gala. NO!!! We want to hear the music!!!

All in all, a very enjoyable Gala. But, it was too short!!! We could easily have sat through another half hour. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I always wonder if someone famous is under those mascot costumes.

Like image Oda under there. 😂

I remember one year the British Eurosport guys were joking that the mascots were Jayne Torvill, Christopher Dean and Robin Cousins.

And at other times, they would joke that it was themselves.

Thats what I miss about having them commentate together. The banter.

Please read this, ISU!!! Get the band back together!!!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And a non-commentary stream while you’re at it, for those of us who cringe every time commentators open their mouth!

As I have said many times during this year's Senior GP Series, the Eurosport Player has previously had the capability to have multiple soundtracks, and you would think that YouTube could work out how to do it. So, why do neither of these services provide this option to us?!

If they did, everybody would have the option to listen to what they want, and therefore the ISU wouldn't have to listen to people complaining!

Oh, wait. I forgot. This is the ISU we are talking about. They don't care about what the fans want.

CaroLiza_fan

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
It was not the usual lively finale that we are used to getting, but what we did get was beautiful. Beautiful music, beautiful choreography, beautiful skating.

And when the mascots came on towards the end, they toned down their behaviour as well.
Not really the time for anything other than toned down behavior.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
As I have said many times during this year's Senior GP Series, the Eurosport Player has previously had the capability to have multiple soundtracks, and you would think that YouTube could work out how to do it. So, why do neither of these services provide this option to us?!

If they did, everybody would have the option to listen to what they want, and therefore the ISU wouldn't have to listen to people complaining!

Oh, wait. I forgot. This is the ISU we are talking about. They don't care about what the fans want.

CaroLiza_fan
They didn’t even enable rewind during live stream option on YouTube, the option to shut off Simon Reed for the duration is beyond them. If they could at least train him to stop opening his mouth during the skating. He is the whole next level in annoying and contributes nothing useful whatsoever.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
They didn’t even enable rewind during live stream option on YouTube, the option to shut off Simon Reed for the duration is beyond them. If they could at least train him to stop opening his mouth during the skating. He is the whole next level in annoying and contributes nothing useful whatsoever.
I started watching about 20 minutes after the stream started, and I was able to move around within the video (to the start of the video, to the start of the skating, and to skip the intermission). I don't know why you couldn't and I could!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I started watching about 20 minutes after the stream started, and I was able to move around within the video (to the start of the video, to the start of the skating, and to skip the intermission). I don't know why you couldn't and I could!
It might have depended on the day. I was watching on the day of short programs, and I couldn’t go back to the start. I just watched ladies first to wait till the men’s skate is over. Buffering during the livestream is an option that the source has to enable to be able to rewind.