2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 754 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Regarding clockwise and anticlockwise jumping, I had a recollection of Kamila being one of those who started as clockwise skaters and had their clockwise habits coached into anticlockwise. Going back and checking some of her early videos I see my memory was spurious. So...mm.. who am I thinking of... Perhaps Sofiya...

Here for a little diversion is 5-yr-old Kamila and her double jumps.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

Scott512

Record Breaker
Really strange, since she was part of his show just recently!
let’s see if someone from press actually interviews Volkov to confirm this. But otherwise, I’m not even sure where she can go at this point.
Very strange. But it's also very possible she misses Saint Petersburg and her parents and her little sister and her cat.

Stanislava is not a win at all expenses human being. Her results at PA were very disappointing. She needs to skate for the enjoyment now. Why not? She is super beautiful M will be fantastic in shows like Swan Lake at Plushenkos.

Can she go back to her old coach or maybe Rukavicin? I don't think Mishin would take her.

For sure good luck to Stasya.

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker
The official Team Volkov account wrote to a fan in instagram DMs that Stanislava has left Plushenko's academy
This caught us by surprise. Her results were very disappointing at PA. But I cut everybody slack this season because of the pandemic and the abbreviated skating season and the emotional mess that everybody is. Many Russian figure skaters have seen many of their contemporaries and friends get sick let alone their parents aunts uncles or cousins or whatever. I think I read today that 3 American pairs teams have pulled out of US nationals because of covid.

Stasya Lesving PA means no cottage for Stasya. :( But hopefully a fantastic life back in Saint Petersburg.

Tonight's the Night

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Regarding clockwise and anticlockwise jumping, I had a recollection of Kamila being one of those who started as clockwise skaters and had their clockwise habits coached into anticlockwise. Going back and checking some of her early videos I see my memory was spurious. So...mm.. who am I thinking of... Perhaps Sofiya...

Here for a little diversion is 5-yr-old Kamila and her double jumps.

She was totally overscored! And where was the edge call, geez! [Smiley face.]

I was wrong, Titova just does a 2A + 1A, although of course that's too much footwork in between to be a combo. I wonder, could someone figure out how to skate a legitimate 2A counterclockwise + 2A clockwise combo in competition?

Novalis

Record Breaker
Live stuff from the Moscow Cup is starting:

Last edited:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker

Konstantinova named the reasons for leaving the Academy of Plushenko

"Russian figure skater Stanislava Konstantinova stopped training at Evgeni Plushenko's Academy. The bronze medalist of the 2019 Universiade worked in the group of Alexander Volkov. Stanislava told Sport24 correspondent Konstantin Lesik about her decision.

“I stopped working with the Evgeni Plushenko Academy and Alexander Volkov's group. The reasons are in the organizational aspects of the training process. Changes have taken place and conditions are no longer comfortable.
We maintain excellent relations with both Alexander Sergeevich and Evgeny Viktorovich. Many thanks to them both for their support and for bringing me back to sports. I am grateful to the choreographer Martin Dagenet for the wonderful programs and kindness. I would like to note the hospitality of the coaching tandem of the Volkovs: in a pandemic, when everything was closed, we with part of the group, at their invitation, lived and trained in their house. It's worth a lot.
Also many thanks to Evgeny Viktorovich, he is a real pro and leader. Special thanks for the invitation to the Swan Lake show. It was an unforgettable experience.
I will continue to train and perform. I hope that everything will still work out and will be interesting. As for where I will train next, I can’t say anything yet, ”said Konstantinova."

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

Konstantinova named the reasons for leaving the Academy of Plushenko

"Russian figure skater Stanislava Konstantinova stopped training at Evgeni Plushenko's Academy. The bronze medalist of the 2019 Universiade worked in the group of Alexander Volkov. Stanislava told Sport24 correspondent Konstantin Lesik about her decision.

“I stopped working with the Evgeni Plushenko Academy and Alexander Volkov's group. The reasons are in the organizational aspects of the training process. Changes have taken place and conditions are no longer comfortable.
We maintain excellent relations with both Alexander Sergeevich and Evgeny Viktorovich. Many thanks to them both for their support and for bringing me back to sports. I am grateful to the choreographer Martin Dagenet for the wonderful programs and kindness. I would like to note the hospitality of the coaching tandem of the Volkovs: in a pandemic, when everything was closed, we with part of the group, at their invitation, lived and trained in their house. It's worth a lot.
Also many thanks to Evgeny Viktorovich, he is a real pro and leader. Special thanks for the invitation to the Swan Lake show. It was an unforgettable experience.
I will continue to train and perform. I hope that everything will still work out and will be interesting. As for where I will train next, I can’t say anything yet, ”said Konstantinova."
whoever made them sign NDA is not really creative. Why is she saying the same exact reason as Katja Ryabova word to word?

Status
Not open for further replies.