Practice Cam Chat | Golden Skate

Practice Cam Chat

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I've got it on in the background, Pairs practicing now. Alexa Knerim and Brandon Frazier were out of sync in the SBS during their run through but they both landed them.

Lamente Ariane

Record Breaker
Justin Timberlake with no Stepanova/Bukin just doesn't feel right!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've got it on in the background, Pairs practicing now. Alexa Knerim and Brandon Frazier were out of sync in the SBS during their run through but they both landed them.
Ahhh I’m missing it ahhhh

Lamente Ariane

Record Breaker
Alexa and Brandon now doing stroking exercises, first individually and now together (camera focusing on them).

Edited to add: Mervin Tran and Olivia Serafini practicing death spiral with a difficult exit.

Lamente Ariane

Record Breaker
Next group up: Nate Bartholomay stumbles on the SBS, Katie McBeath lands hers and the throw.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I had to look it up 😅 Martin, apparently! In my head I kept thinking it must start with a G, Gerald or something...
Thanks for looking it up. There is a lovely real gecko named Harry that appears every so often in the British detective show "Death in Paradise" which is shown on Friday nights on the Tacoma PBS channel here in the Puget Sound area.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I see that the Gecko is in attendance. Can anyone remind me what his name is?

I had to look it up 😅 Martin, apparently! ...

LOL, but on Geico's own website, the Gecko seems to imply that it is just a myth that his name is Martin?

" Is it true your name is really Martin?#QuestionsForTheGecko​
— TheRealPatrick (@TheRealPOH) March 5, 2020​
Gecko: Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet. "​

A different Geico page says only, "The idea for the Gecko grew from a creative session at GEICO's ad agency, the Martin Agency in Richmond, Virginia" -- without saying that Martin became the Gecko's name.

Thank you to @Lamente Ariane for the practice notes!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Home now. Thought I could be slick leave it on and rewind it but apparently for this you can’t even do that. So my attempt to foil Peacock is thwarted

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just in time for ice resurfacing. Funny story. The first time I went to see Gracie skate (Worlds 2016 - I don’t play when it comes to Gracie!) was my very first figure skating competition in person on any level. I saw the Zamboni, grabbed my sisters arm and said “Michelle - it’s a Zamboni!” and took a picture! LOL! I also bought entirely the wrong seats. All the way up at the very last row of the highest level. I actually got vertigo.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Just in time for ice resurfacing. Funny story. The first time I went to see Gracie skate (Worlds 2016 - I don’t play when it comes to Gracie!) was my very first figure skating competition in person on any level. I saw the Zamboni, grabbed my sisters arm and said “Michelle - it’s a Zamboni!” and took a picture! LOL! I also bought entirely the wrong seats. All the way up at the very last row of the highest level. I actually got vertigo.

Haha, I wasn't far from you actually - about four or five rows from the bottom of the upper rows, if that makes sense. I made the mistake of buying the ladies tickets LAST. My friend/roommate was going with me to the Men's event only, so I bought those first (granted this was right when they went on sale, I went into our computer room at work to do it while on the clock) - then just bought Pairs and Dance just cause, and then went to buy ladies and went AH NO THEY'RE ALL ALMOST SOLD OUT and then kicked myself because I KNOW BETTER lol

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haha, I wasn't far from you actually - about four or five rows from the bottom of the upper rows, if that makes sense. I made the mistake of buying the ladies tickets LAST. My friend/roommate was going with me to the Men's event only, so I bought those first (granted this was right when they went on sale, I went into our computer room at work to do it while on the clock) - then just bought Pairs and Dance just cause, and then went to buy ladies and went AH NO THEY'RE ALL ALMOST SOLD OUT and then kicked myself because I KNOW BETTER lol
I bought ladies first. Knew they would sell out. After the short when she almost fell down the stairs and killed herself I swapped to handicapped for the remainder.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Omg someone should totally dance to this Taylor Swift song. My fave.