Channel One Cup: Jump Fest | Page 45 | Golden Skate

Channel One Cup: Jump Fest

Magill

Record Breaker
looked like it :laugh:
I think Zheya wanted Sasha to go for 3A, Sasha wanted to go for 3A but Plushy sad "no". Zhenya was annoyed, Sasha was disappointed, and Plushy was right. It is just a fun competition and she is still injured or just coming back after an injury, and on a long distance journey for more important goals... Sorry, Zhenya! We love you, captain, but that was not the day for it.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Kostornaia at the senior level with 16 years vs Valieva at the junior level with 14 years... yes of course, it is a great comparison... :cautious::cautious::cautious:

Valieva at age 16 will make at least 100 points in the short program. :wink::wink::wink:
That's not how it works?

Both skated the same content, got pretty much the same amount of PCS and GOEs, and Kamila competed in Russia, in a very inflated competition--I mean, Kolyada got 105 with one quad?--but I digress. There's not much room for improvement when it comes to both those SP's.

The FS, another matter altogether.

Magill

Record Breaker
Liza has easier layouts compared to Alyona, though. And she has less PCS, less clean competitions under her belt. She's basically a wildcard.
And she lacks Alyona's famous consistency. Once she showed her 3A, it was stable as a rock.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think Zheya wanted Sasha to go for 3A, Sasha wanted to go for 3A but Plushy sad "no". Zhenya was annoyed, Sasha was disappointed, and Plushy was right. It is just a fun competition and she is still injured or just coming back after an injury, and on a long distance journey for more important goals... Sorry, Zhenya! We love you, captain, but that was not the day for it.

I'd say they got a scare in the GP with Sasha, and why would they overwork her when she has pretty much all the content she needs to be Olympic Champion? Make it a two-year plan and aim for 2022, without losing face along the way, because that GP was definitely a blow to Plushy's image.

Magill

Record Breaker
Kostornaia at the senior level with 16 years vs Valieva at the junior level with 14 years... yes of course, it is a great comparison... :cautious::cautious::cautious:

Valieva at age 16 will make at least 100 points in the short program. :wink::wink::wink:
Or will be struggling to be relevant any more, Just look behind her back...

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I'm not sure Kamila will necessarily overtake Anna - although she might - remember Anna will be going in as a third year senior and 3 time RusNat champion. Kamila will be a first year senior. And Anna's jump content is still higher.

Anna's max for high value elements across both program is 4Lz, 4Lz, 4F. Kamila could be doing 4T, 4T, 4S, 3A, 3A next year. Anna does have the +3Lo combo too but it doesn't make up the 3A difference, and Kamila having a big lead after the SP will already frame her as the one to beat.

Magill

Record Breaker
I'd say they got a scare in the GP with Sasha, and why would they overwork her when she has pretty much all the content she needs to be Olympic Champion? Make it a two-year plan and aim for 2022, without losing face along the way, because that GP was definitely a blow to Plushy's image.
Right!

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Anna's max for high value elements across both program is 4Lz, 4Lz, 4F. Kamila could be doing 4T, 4T, 4S, 3A, 3A next year. Anna does have the +3Lo combo as well but it doesn't make up the 3A difference, and Kamila having a big lead after the SP will already frame her as the one to beat.

The SP difference was also what made Alyona back in 2019, when people thought Sasha and Anna would overtake her in the FS.

icybear

Medalist
For me Daria had the best skate. She has really warmed up to the choreo now, the ina bauer in time with the music was gorgeous. Even though Kamila landed that 3a, the execution of choreo was not as good. Because of the concentration on the 3a, she's not listening to the music as much and she misses musical cues or is not as sharp as it should be. Which is sad because the choreo has tons of them. Even in the step seq, she's kinda off for that 2 piano notes where she flicks her hand . Its just not as good as it first looked in the test skate. I hope Kamila keeps the SP so that she is able to perform the choreo to the max with the clean 3a. Maybe then it might be worth close to 90

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
I'm afraid that Anna just got dethronized, hard.

Also, Alyona has nothing to come back for anymore. Her spot has been restaffed.
No.

Alyona was not just queen of 3A she was the queen of being a full package with amazing SS, great footwork, and amazing interpretation. She wouldn't have beat Sasha and Anna in 19/20 with just the 3A, it was the amazing PCS that helped her.

And Kamila is still 14, she still has time to grow. Thus far her skating skills are not as strong as Alyona's, her footwork is not as complicated (it's a lovely step sequence, don't get me wrong, but not as difficult as the departure one), and she still hasn't performed to the level of quality which she is capable concerning this short program. And besides, Kamila's strengths are really different from Alyona's. She is very exquisite but in a different way than Alyona.

Each skater is unique, no one will ever be able to be the second Alyona. They may be the next European and GPF champion, but they won't be able to replace Alyona.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
maybe i'm just being too optimistic but I'm still holding out for a Team Zhenya victory!!
Alina's team would definitely always win the ladies' portion. I think we'll have to see what happens in the other three disciplines tomorrow. Men and Dance could make a good difference for Team Zhenya. With this inflation, Kolyada alone could net them 30-40+ points, if clean. But that's all for tomorrow.